“Fresh Local food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Charleston, South Carolina
“Fresh Local food”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We went to Brick House on a Saturday night for the first time and were very pleased with dinner in a pleasant old house setting, with outside dinning available. The Caesar salad with cajun seared shrimp was almost an entree and local Trigger fish was very moist and cooked just right. The angel hair pasta with a lot of sauteed shrinp was a good dish. The use of fresh peach slices and watermellon as garnish was a delightful twist.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank geo08

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Ok...”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Really, really, really wanted to love it. We drove past on the way to dinner somewhere else, and when we saw Brick House Kitchen, I quickly looked it up on TripAdvisor, liked the reviews, and we turned around to eat here. Super awesome vibe with a converted house for indoor seating, and an outdoor seating area with live music. We were told there was a 25-30 minute wait, which was fine - there is a cute bar outside in the outdoor seating area. An acoustic duo set up and played in their outdoor stage area, so we hung out for a bit....an hour later, we were seated inside. Service was kind of squirrely - took our drink order right away, but my daughter waited 15 minutes for her soda after we ordered drinks - our wine came before she got her drink. My salad was awesome (mixed greens, grilled peaches, brie), everyone seemed to like their entrees well enough, and we saved room for dessert based on the reviews - I had the blueberry bread pudding which was scorching hot in some spots, and ice cold in others. I hope that you go, and have a better experience than we did, because I really did want to love this place. But I don't think I would go back, especially given the pricing.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank kitegoddess
“Eclectic Atmosphere and Fabulous Food”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

When I first looked at menu online, I wasn't sure. I am so glad we took a chance and tried it!! The fresh goat cheese was delicious. I had the barbecue Mahi Mahi and my husband had the linguini with shrimp and mushrooms. The Flavors in both were outstanding. We finished it off with dessert; white chocolate cream pie and coconut cake. They both were sinful! Best meal we had at Folly Beach!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Save room...the dessert case is stocked!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This old country house has intimate dining rooms oozing with southern charm. Local treasures featured on the menu with seasonal delicacies highlighted made choosing a chore. We all opted for seafood...crab and shrimp all executed perfectly...shared appetizers and a great selection of sweets completed the meal. The wine list is very limited and the service although charming was slow.

Visited June 2014
Harriman, TN
“better service than food, but food ok”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

the best part of this restaurant was the hostess....she was very personable and knowledgeable of the area and had suggestions about the menu; however, the food was just ok as well as the indoor service, it was acceptable. some suggestions of the dessert offerings would be to have an actual dessert cart brought tableside....we were told to get up from our table and walk across the hall and look into the dessert case (which was just a cooler with a glass door) and choose what we wanted. The desserts, while good, were fresh made each day but displayed in a way that would make you think of a family reunion setting in grandma's dishes. They could dress this up a bit and would benefit from the extra dessert sales by just this one suggestion. We asked about the bar and was told it was outside, which was a little prefab metal building outside adjacent to the restaurant and was a little questionable, the bartender had very little knowledge of actual mixed drinks or coffee drinks and was taken with the other "ladies" at the bar rather than a middle aged couple like us, we left after it was obvious we were not going to get anything more than a cold beer. The restaurant itself was clean and not busy and this establishment could be sooooo much more than it is, I really wonder if the owner wants it to be a classy upscale offering or an outside biker bar with some 2nd rate band on the stage outdoor with picnic tables.

• Visited June 2014