“Yummi”
Review of Osteria la Bottiglia - CLOSED

Osteria la Bottiglia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great wine bar with savory Italian plates! Easy feel like you are sitting in a small, local bar in a Tuscany. Informal with just the right ambience!
“Yummi”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Great dinner worth the money. Bad thing they only open for dinner. Try the ambrose salad. Meatball are delish too

• Visited June 2013

South Carolina
“Europe on king”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Finally checked out this place and were pleasantly surprised! The ambiance is very classic European with warm lighting and a cozy sense. Servers are all lovely. On the food front, we really liked the mix of small plates. Sharing multiple tastes is our favorite way to eat, plus American portions are so big. Really fresh stuff, good wine selections...can't wait to go back!

Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We've eaten here several times. Excellent food each time; appetizers, fresh pasta, fish dishes are terrific. Not as expensive as some other Charleston restaurants. Warm, relaxing environment. They seem to get stressed when busy; much better experience during slow times. Nice bar.

Charleston
“Dinner and a show”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Okay...I'm the first to agree that not everyone with an internet connection deserves to be a restaurant critic. That being said I will not speak to anything other than what I have known as a profession for over 25 years in a city where I've lived for 20 years...which would be service.

Service on many levels. Grass roots with quick service, to go, banquet, catering, café style, sit down, casual, full service and fine dining. Small places, moms and pops 900 sqft. Medium sized restaurants, big 12,000 sqft, multi concept under one roof. Low revenue $800 a day...high volume...$50k (yes $50k) per shift...places so busy that most desperate restaurant owners would throw their money away if they had the cash flow of the restaurants I've worked for. Suffice it to say that I've seen and done a lot...in the restaurant sense. What I've never seen...what I've never done...I witnessed in this place.

I will begin by saying that our server (bartender) was impeccably dressed. Coiffed by the finest stylist I'm sure. Great manicure. Beautiful watch and very well spoken. His command of our English was expressed initially when my wife asked about a dish she had enjoyed on the previous visit which was a special. His response:

"It's graduation and mother's day...what you see is what you get! I don't want to get my head bitten off by the kitchen for asking for something special."

Lighten up Francis...she didn't ask for something special...just a dish that she had enjoyed before (by the way...she's a glu-tard and the dish she had before was gluten free...that's why she asked).

This guy's obviously a mixologist...it's written all over him. Too coo fo skoo. That's great. The group I work for has a cocktail bar and I get it. However, he happens to be working in a WINE BAR so when we ordered wine it was baffling that he seem to be put out. Tried to sell me something I didn't order...again I get it. Forget about the fact that when we ordered water we were ignored. Upon the second request for H2O I had to specifically request NO water and humbly ask if my wife may have some. He eventually obliged.

Soup to start...wonderful gazpacho with cantaloupe...nice touch! Would have been doubly great if either of us were provided a spoon. Kind of 101 stuff in my opinion. Of course our server (bartender) expressed that "THEY should have brought a spoon!". Cheese was great served with delicate crostini and amazing green olives...our new favorite. As we ate our appetizers Mr. Personality was gracious enough to ask:

"You going to order anything else?."

Yes was the short answer....we didn't order the next course just then. Not because we didn't know...mostly to be d!cks.

We ordered different pasta dishes which were amazing! Best house made pasta that I've had in this city. Of course our silver was removed with the first course and never replaced so we sat and admired in aesthetic way the food that we were served. Again our host said:

"THEY should have told me the food was coming!"

Just then another party (and by party I mean 3 people which brought his total guests to 5 people) sat and he inquired of the host in an elevated tone:

"HEY! Are they EATING at the bar?!"...the nerve of people eating in a dining establishment.

BoBo was kind enough to share with us how he had "decided" to come on board full time because "He could really get behind the food."

I wonder what his second and third choices were...maybe district attorney? securities analyst? well dressed, expensive watch, great hair MD?

We'll definitely be back!

2 Thank Naci123
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Homemade Pasta!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Went here while on the Charleston Culinary Tour. We had an amazing dish of pasta with pesto, walnut and tomato. Good wine list. Intimate, warm atmosphere.