“Delightful and authentic experience.”
Review of Osteria la Bottiglia - CLOSED

Osteria la Bottiglia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great wine bar with savory Italian plates! Easy feel like you are sitting in a small, local bar in a Tuscany. Informal with just the right ambience!
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Took a group of 4 to dinner last night, and it was a perfect evening. We had a broad array of appetizers, pasta dishes as well as mussels and the fish special, and all were perfectly cooked and served piping hot. The wine advice was perfect; we enjoyed the Barbera d'alba. We finished with two lovely desserts ( wedding cake and a fruit trifle) with cava and sambucco. Really, as much as we dine out in charleston, why did it take so long for us to find this gem? It will now be a regular comfort place to meet our daughter for dinner. You can carry on a conversation easily even with lively patrons around. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Ordered the vegetable lasagna while my husband ordered the meat lasagna. Had read positive reviews of these dishes. Both of us experienced the same thing. Tough noodles at least on the outside. At first I thought they were too al dente but since the outside noodles seemed to be the main ones affected we decided that they were actually dried out. I returned mine and was given another choice which was delicious. Perhaps it was a Tuesday night and they were not using fresh noodles. I do not know

Reviewed December 14, 2012

You can close your eyes and point and find a good restaurant in Charleston but what is special about Osteria la Bottiglia for us, in our many visits to family in the Holy City, is not only the food but, to use that overworked word, ambiance. Sit at the bar, peruse the Happy Hour menu and have a glass of wine or two with it. For some reason I keep going back to the duck confit (I know, I know, it's an Italian restaurant) but my discriminating, foodie wife pretty has signed off on everything on the menu. My feet keep taking me here on each Charleston visit because of the place's lack of pretentiousness, solid European Italian menu, low noise level -- I'm tired of screaming at fellow diners over ambient clatter and loud music -- and most of all the friendly, relaxed and efficient people who work here.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Never fails to sparkle!

This is fifth trip and planning another. Atmosphere is Rome, Siena, Venice,etc. Nice and cozy and comfortable. Great bar. You swear your in Italy.

Food- hey, the chief, Mossimillo is from Rome! It's the best I've been to outside of Italy. Service is just right.

Can't wait for next visit with friends from Jersey.

Mike

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Great little find near the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston. Wonderful ambience - exposed wood ceiling, lots of candles - and delicious bruschetta, out of this world lasagna and excellent chocolate mousse.