“Seafood a Must in Charleston”

Charleston Crab House-Market St
Ranked #54 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: "Southern Seafood and a DARN Good Time"
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had dinner here while on a return trip to Charleston. We had seen the restaurant while walking around during the day and made reservations. I guess we were eating early as the place wasn't too busy when we arrived (it did fill up later on). Our waiter was very pleasant and upon his suggestion, we started off with one of the local beers. We weren't disappointed. We enjoyed our meal, and the service was great. I really didn't find anything out of the ordinary about the food, but it was all very tasty.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Dad and myself stopped in to get some seafood. Greeted by friendly staff and our waiter was really nice and talkative. We both got the crab legs and shrimp with mashed potatoes and green beans.all really good and check it out. Also has roof top seating

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at Charleston Crab House! The snow crab was very tasty. Our server, Elyse, was friendly and prompt.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We were shopping at the Market while we were in Charleston a few weeks ago and decided it was time for a bite. Being as tourist-y as the Market is, I wasn't expecting an exceptional meal, just something to tie us over until dinner time. We were greeted and promptly shown to our table. Our waitress, Caitlin, introduced herself with a contagious smile and personality. Drinks were swift, our order was taken and were suggestions given to us by Caitlin. The food was excellent and the service was even better. I just hope our next visit will be during warmer weather and we get to experience the rooftop dining.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

PES and I stopped in here for lunch (Tues 3/18) based only on the pictures in the hotel guidebook, and the mention of soft-shelled crab sandwich... Another big win!

Our server, Caitlin, was very friendly and prompt with our drinks and food orders. The courses (She Crab soup first, followed by sandwiches) came out quickly, hot and delicious. The She Crab soup was amazing, it tasted just like I wanted it to. PES got the fried oyster po'boy - lots of fresh, plump oysters and a yummy remoulade - I got that soft-shell crab sandwich. This is always one of my favorites and I was not disappointed - light, crispy breading and a soft, creamy flavor.

Definitely worth visiting while you are in Charleston!