“Excellent lunch; excellent service”

Ladles Homemade Soups
Ranked #248 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Newton, Wisconsin
“Excellent lunch; excellent service”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Lauren took tremendous care of us today for a wonderful alfresco lunch. Our first Ladles experience, and it was excellent. Tried two soups, a great dressed-up hot dog in a freshly-baked bun, and we got a bonus intro into the area from Lauren. Thank you for a great lunch and very welcoming treatment for two travelers visiting the area for the first time.

• Visited April 2014

Cross, South Carolina
“Love”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I just love there she crab soup,it is soo good. Everyone that I go to the people are just so friendly......

Visited January 2014
Indiana
“Head cold, I'm sold!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was feeling under the weather and had a friend recommend Ladles...and to my delight, she was right on...Great menu selection and the soups were divine! I ordered the sweet potato chili...now if you're thinking, really? Yes! It was delish. I loved the aroma and full flavor of the sweet and spice. I think the price was a little high, payed almost $7 for a bowl, but was money well spent since it made me feel better despite the chill in the air...Chilly air...Chili dare, hit the spot.

• Visited October 2013
Denton, Texas
“Just awesome!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This place has amazing soups, great sandwiches and a super friendly & helpful staff. Be sure to ask about the frozen take home soups, great value and convenience.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Cheap and Delicous”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We ate at the Ladles on Calhoun after traveling all day. Our daughter, a student at the College of Charleston recommended it. The restaurant itself is extremely small with a small outdoor patio. It has the ambiance of a typical college eatery. What it doesn't have is typical college eatery food. They make their soups fresh daily and had about eight different varieties. Between the the three of us we had cream of broccoli, she-crab, and tomato bisque. All three were excellent! I also had a turkey club sandwich and my wife had the caprise sandwich both excellent. If you're looking for a light meal at a great price while exploring downtown Charleston Ladles would be hard to beat!

Visited October 2013