“Great for Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Leaf is one of my favorite local lunch spots, a relaxing place to enjoy a nice meal with friends or colleagues. There is a great selection of interesting sandwiches (portabella, chicken pita, po' boy) and salads (greek, caesar, caprese) with options to add seafood, beef, or chicken. (There are also several entrees on the menu.) The side choices include both parmesan truffle fries and sweet potato fries.The two soup selections today were delicious - a tasty Charleston seafood gumbo and a lentil soup. My favorite salad is roasted beet and arugula and this time I added grilled shrimp to the very generously-sized dish. My friend enjoyed the chicken pita with a side salad. There is a nice big outdoor patio for warm-weather dining. Service is never rushed so this is a great place for a leisurely lunch.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have visited Charleston four times now and always seem to head to Leaf for lunch. I like the atmosphere, outdoor seating is available and the inside is very relaxing. The prices are good and the food is excellent. I think its good for lunch and Sunday brunch.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was the first time I've been to Leaf on Beaufain St in Charleston SC.
The menu was interesting and varied with some pleasant twists on some of the salads and sandwiches. The portions were generous but not excessive and the prices were reasonable, especially for a "cut above" lunch at a small, quiet, pleasant downtown location.
The portobello sandwich was prepared well and was tasty with nice texture. I got a small, salad-topper-size order of fried oysters and they were delicious...lightly breaded, not greasy, hot, and a nice complement to the vege sandwich. The side dish of cole slaw was excellent...not too tart, not too sweet, not too creamy, and freshly made (not bagged cabbage).
The server was happy to box up leftovers and put them in a bag (not just bring styrofoam containers to the table and walk away...not a BIG deal but noticed and appreciated).
I look forward to returning to LEAF for lunch and would like to try it for dinner some time.
P.S. There is also FREE parking NEXT to the restaurant!...soooo nice after going to so many places downtown where parking is scarce or expensive and can involve a lot of walking time.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

At the suggestion of our luncheon companions we dined at Leaf. Since it was a lovely warm day we chose a table outside to "people watch" while dining. My fish and chips selection was a very good choice. The rice flour coating did not overpower buy rather complemented the flaky fish. All of us were pleased with our meal. The only downside occurred when my friend found a crack in her wine glass and it took our waitress a while to replace it. It is definitely a good place to eat in the shopping district.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at LEAF on Sunday 11/3. This place has very nice indoor and outdoor seating. We ordered craft beers and wine and shared a 4 course meal. We had fried oysters for an appetizer followed by grilled romaine Caesar salad. This was followed by the daily risotto which was prepared with short ribs and roasted corn. It was incredibly creamy and delicious. For desert we had a deliciously rich custard. This was one of the most delicious meals I have had in a while. We tried to sit outside under the big shade tree, but it was just a bit too cold. The inside was nicely decorated with a mix of old and new. Our bill was about $75. I was very pleased with our experience.