“Loved the dolphin excursion!!!”

Captains Source Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The experience on the Charleston waterways is something that you do not want to miss! You really will see a different part of the area many don't get the opportunity to experience - ranging from spectacular views, unique wildlife, and incredible history. Whatever your boating needs - sightseeing, fishing, ecotour, history, sunset - you came to the right place with Captains Source! Captains Source only works with Licensed USCG Captains.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Loved the dolphin excursion!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked this dolphin tour and took my daughter and two grandkids ages 5 and 8. We had the best time and I although I live in the Myrtle Beach area and visit Charleston quite often I never realized how many dolphins we actually have in the Charleston area to see. We trawled up and down the Shem Creek area watching lots of dolphins. Captain Colt was the best at getting us close to were we would spot them. We were also lucky enough to have a loggerhead turtle go swimming right past our boat. We were on the boat with one other couple and everyone had a great time. This is the second tour I have booked with Captains Source. I will definitely be booking some tours in the near future. Thanks for such a lasting memory.

“Great fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a great time on our dolphin watching tour. We didnt see too many dolphins but I understand that has nothing to do with the captain as the dolphins will only come out when they feel like it. Would love to use Captains Source again in the future.

Visited July 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Shark Fishing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked a shark fishing trip for my husband's birthday. The trip was for 2 hours. There was just 1 other couple on the boat with us. We only caught 2 small sharks the whole trip but the captain moved to several location to better our chances. He was very knowledgeable about the area and had excellent fishing experience. I was not aware when I booked the trip that we were not allowed to keep the shark. I was hoping to eat what we caught, but I was told that would be a totally different trip. They did not have a cooler for the fish. My rating would have been higher if we were allowed to take home our catch but I just glad my husband was able to reel one in.

south carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You get what you pay for - sometimes LESS!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I took 2 of my (adult) sons on this trip. We regularly take inshore trips in the Charleston area. The captain/guide was very young - 23 - and did not seem to know much about doing this for as a business. We did not catch a single shark on the trip. We had to catch our own bait fish - sometimes they do this but it is not "typical" and wastes time, especially on a 2 hr trip. The guide was not helpful and failed to do the right things to ensure his customers were satisfied; i.e. catching sharks. An experienced guide know what to do and where to go to catch. Also, we had to share the boat w/ 2 others which I have not had to do w/ other 2 and 3 person trips. There are many other fishing charters in the Charleston area that do a much better job.

1 Thank savannahf
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Got good right before it ended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I were one of 3 couples on the boat. Small boat but it did the trick. The captain was great. He spoke about Charleston and was very personable. We spent the first 60 of the 90 minute tour looking for dolphins. We finally saw 3. The captain followed them so we were pretty close. The only downside was that we signed up for a "sunset cruise" and our start time was at 6:30p. The sun doesn't set until 9 or so in the summer so I was dissapointed. It turned out to be more of a dolphine watch experience. Wish it wasn't coined as a sunset cruise because it was bright the whole time and I had something more romantic pictured in my mind.

Visited July 2013