“Simply amazing!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charleston Outdoor Adventures

Charleston Outdoor Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Charleston Outdoor Adventures (COA) is an Eco-guiding and rental service. Through COA, an experienced naturalist provide guests with environmental Eco-tours and rentals throughout the saltwater estuaries of Folly Beach and the Charleston area. Charleston Outdoor Adventures services provide clients the opportunity to explore the saltwater estuaries through guided kayak tours, guided paddle board tours, charter boat Eco-tours, inshore fishing charters and kayak/ paddle board rentals.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
St. Louis
“Simply amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I originally signed up for the dolphin eco-tour. Will, the guide, was impressive. He was very friendly and his knowledge of the local waterways, animals, and plants made the trip spectacular. Not to mention that we saw a large number of dolphin on the tour. I was so impressed with him and the company that I decided to try the Friends and Family kayak tour as well. Once again, it was a stellar experience. Will and Anna did a fantastic job of explaining all of the gear, how to operate the kayak efficiently and safely, and made the trip wonderful. We navigated a different section of the river from the dolphin eco-tour, learned even more about the wonderful Charleston ecosystem, and had a great time overall. We even saw two bald eagles on our trip.

I can't stress enough how great these folks are. They were fantastic from the moment that I called to schedule the tours, explained how everything operated, were friendly/attentive, and made the experience memorable. You can see their passion for the outdoors by how they do their job and treat the customers. I look forward to visiting Charleston again to schedule another tour with COA. Thanks everyone!

portland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Way To Unwind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I busted out of a conference I was at a few minutes early for a sunset paddle board tour. It was so worth it!

Our guides were also naturalists--and went out of their way to teach us about the estuary we were in. Paddle boarding is reasonably easy. Scenery was fantastic.

You will need a rental car to get here...I found one online for just $18. Way cheaper than a cab.

New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful first time experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my first kayaking trip in Charleston with COA. Our guide had a great personality and was very knowledgeable about the area and the wildlife. He was also very helpful as I initially struggled with my kayaking skills. I wish we would have had more time in Charleston because I would have scheduled another expedition with COA.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great first time experience ...very informative!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Our first time kayaking, had an awesome time! Seen a dolphin, lots of different birds, learned a lot about the Eco system, and had a great tour guide!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A unique and memorable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I did a paddle boarding tour on a weekday morning in September and ended up being the only two on the trip. It was a wonderful experience! Being out in the estuaries watching the wildlife such as dolphins, egrets and crabs give you a true appreciation for the ecosystem. Our guide, Anna, was very knowledgeable and made the whole trip memorable. She offered to take some photos of us and pointed out different birds and wildlife that we would have missed on our own. This tour was one of the highlights of our trip!
Anna even went above and beyond when we left something behind and she called us to say she was going to be in Charleston that evening and could drop it off at our hotel. Unfortunately, we missed her call and went back the next day for it, but the fact that she tried to help us out like that was really impressive! I highly recommend this trip to nature lovers and anyone who wants to experience something unique and fun. There is no better way to see the estuaries up close!

Visited September 2013