“Shelling on Morris Island”

Charleston Outdoor Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Small-Group Tour: 2-Hour Marsh Kayaking Eco-Tour...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Charleston Outdoor Adventures (COA) is an Eco-guiding and rental service. Through COA, an experienced naturalist provide guests with environmental Eco-tours and rentals throughout the saltwater estuaries of Folly Beach and the Charleston area. Charleston Outdoor Adventures services provide clients the opportunity to explore the saltwater estuaries through guided kayak tours, guided paddle board tours, charter boat Eco-tours, inshore fishing charters and kayak/ paddle board rentals.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our tour adventure was so good that we went a second time in a week! Joe is great and feels what he is telling you about the environment. We took a 2 and a 5 year old and they had a blast. We really started to understand the importance of the eco system and Joe made us feel as though we were his first tour - not a chore. Thanks for making it a blast.

kayak62182, Owner at Charleston Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review and for coming twice in a week! This is absolutely not a chore for me, I love every bit of this job :) I had a great time with you and the young ones, and hope you can make it 3 times in 2013! Thanks again - Capt. Joe

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)
All reviews
in 30 reviews
"light house"
"marine life"

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My friend and I went to Charleston to try out standup paddleboarding (SUP) and rented our boards with COA. They were great!!! Explained all the strokes and provided a map explaining possible routes depending on tide and wind, etc.
We had a great time and did it twice. Although it was January and the water was quite cold, it was just beautiful and we saw lots of Dolphins, too.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

On a vacation to Charleston, my boyfriend and I were looking for some outdoor activities and came across COA through TripAdvisor. We went with the Family & Friends kayaking tour to keep it easy, and get my bf introduced to kayaking! It was a great time, Austin was our guide, and he was incredibly knowledgeable about the environment and wildlife. It's obvious he loves the outdoors and wants to showcase the beauty of the area. Besides have a really enjoyable kayaking trip, I left with an appreciation for the estuaries. I'd definitely recommend taking a morning to do a tour, you won't regret it!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

A friend from the area took me here for a kayak tour of the salt marsh off of Bowen's Island. It was rather overcast and cool, but we dressed warmly and were provided with the appropriate gear and we had an incredible tour. We probably saw most of the wildlife you could expect to see, including wood storks, oystercatchers, kingfishers, marsh hen three types of heron and many more of the local birds. Also had a close encounter with dolphins. The guide explained the salt marsh ecosystem beautifully and kew interesting things about wildlife behavior and range as well as being able to point them out.

A bonus is the all you can eat oyster restaurant when you get back hungry.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've done two kayak tours with COA and both have been absolutely great experiences. My boyfriend and I did our first tour with them in November. We had a great time kayaking as well as a wonderful educational experience. We liked it so much we brought by sister for a second tour when she visited over Christmas. I thought the tour was good enough to do a second time. To my surprise, our second tour was a whole different and equally enjoyable experience. Definitely worth doing.