“Great Experience !! Dolphins and Sharks ! Oh My !”

Charleston Outdoor Adventures
and up
Small-Group, 2-Hour Marsh Kayaking Eco-Tour in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Charleston Outdoor Adventures (COA) is an Eco-guiding and rental service. Through COA, an experienced naturalist provide guests with environmental Eco-tours and rentals throughout the saltwater estuaries of Folly Beach and the Charleston area. Charleston Outdoor Adventures services provide clients the opportunity to explore the saltwater estuaries through guided kayak tours, guided paddle board tours, charter boat Eco-tours, inshore fishing charters and kayak/ paddle board rentals.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was a great time, we went on the early morning tour and it was fantastic. Cooper was our guide and she was the best, very engaging and informative about the what we would see and were seeing and teaching us about the ecosytem of the marsh. Thank you Cooper. I would suggest this tour and COA to anyone. We will be back soon to take the sunset tour and probably the early morning tour again, it was that much fun. Go see these people. They love what they do and why they do it, and it shows.

There are newer reviews for Charleston Outdoor Adventures

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great sunset cruise with captain Joe at the helm. Was great way to end vacation on Folly Beach. He is knowledgable and makes it very interesting. The dolphin sightings were fun as he maneuvered the boat to be in the dolphin pod...they swam alongside the boat and seemed to be playing with us. Fun stuff

kayak62182, Owner at Charleston Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate your business. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to share what I am passionate about with guests like you guys!

Capt. Joe

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We took COA's Morris Island Lighthouse tour in July when it was nearly 100 degrees outside. Joe made the experience so awesome that we didn't even notice the heat. I wanted to see Morris Island and the lighthouse, but my husband wanted to see dolphins -- Joe made sure we saw both. We saw several on the way, including a mama and calf -- priceless! Joe also taught us a lot about the eco-systems and water life. My kids, ages 17 and 12, were fascinated. My husband, who works in water treatment, was in heaven and talked to Joe nonstop.

We had read that the guides for COA will sometimes take pictures for you, so we requested that. We later learned that they don't usually offer that service in July or when it's really hot because it takes a lot of extra energy (and with three to four tours per day in that heat, I can see how that would happen). But Joe's wife set it up for us and Joe did it gladly. We were so excited to get back to our condo and view the beautiful pictures Joe had taken for us, including many of dolphins and other wildlife, several of the island and lighthouse, and some priceless family pictures of us on the island that we never could have gotten ourselves!

We spent about 30-40 minutes on the island and it was just priceless family time with our boys. We found a bag full of nice shells and sand dollars and there were only a few other people on the whole island. What an experience for a family who doesn't live anywhere near the ocean!

Everything was top-notch. The prices are very reasonable, the experience is really memorable, and Joe and his wife and staff are knowledgeable and helpful. They also care a great deal about the eco systems and the environment. What a wonderful way to spend a morning! Thanks so much, Captain Joe!

1  Thank Becktravel
kayak62182, Receptionist at Charleston Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for your awesome review! I'm so thrilled to hear that you had a good time and got some keeper photos! We truly appreciate your business!

Jordane

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I both agree this was one of the top highlights of our honeymoon. We did a 2 hour kayak tour. Our guide, Will, was amazing. He and another guide, Tripp, made sure we were comfortable in our kayaks before heading out. Will really made sure we were keeping up and getting the most of our tour and teaching us about the local eco system.. which is just amazing to see and understand all the different parts of nature forming a beautiful landscape. Next time we are in the area we will be trying the paddle boarding. :)
After the tour both guides suggested great places to eat in the Folly Beach area.

kayak62182, Paddle Board Naturalist at Charleston Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thanks y'all for the great review! I'm glad we could add a special moment to your honey moon! You guys rock!

Will

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I actually went on two tours while vacationing in July. The first tour was the dolphin tour my 11 year old niece and 6 year old son loved it! Captain Joe did a fabulous job mixing educational info along with a relaxing sightseeing boat ride. Thee second tour was a guided kayak tour the tour guide Tripp was very knowledgeable. The tour definitely didn't disappoint. Seeing the dolphin strand- fishing was awesome! We'll be back!

kayak62182, Manager at Charleston Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for super review! We are pumped to hear you had a great time on both tours. This means a lot to us and we truly appreciate your business. I'm glad that you enjoyed the strand feeding. It's pretty rare to see and I still get a kick out of it every time!

Tripp