“Fun, good food, cheerful place for a quick bite to eat.”
Review of Fuel

Fuel
Ranked #126 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fuel (new restaurant) 211 Rutledge Ave. Charleston, SC 29403
Bermuda
“Fun, good food, cheerful place for a quick bite to eat.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Found Fuel nearby our B&B thanks to the innkeeper. On the first night after a late check in it was just the right place. The hangout for students was just as welcoming to the "older generation" with pleasant staff, good wine and a killer black bean soup and Bloody Mary. For the young at heart it was a real find and so close to the inn that we revisited on two more occasions. Consistently good. No stuffed shirts allowed :) Recommended!

Visited October 2013

Barcelona, Spain
“Great food Great service.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Was in Charleston for a few days and stumbled across "Fuel" it was young and vibrant and laid back at the same time! The food was great and the staff were very good and charming and enthusiastic. The outside eating area at the back was really nice for a sunny lunch. Their "Bloody Mary's" were excellent ! We ended up going there three times in seven days, that kind of speaks for itself! Would highly recommend it for easy going, fun and good food.

New Jersey
“Awesome”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I gave Fuel a try because we saw it on Diners Dives and Drive Ins. I am glad we did. The food was great the out back seating was very quaint. The service was very goodd and they had a wonderful margarita!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great outdoor area and food”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Loved this local spot! Food was great and staff was super nice as well. I had a great meal and so did my wife. This is a great spot to watch a game with friends and relax. If I lived near by this would be my hangout spot for sure.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“nice idea, great food : )”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

After noticing a review of this place in some rental recommendations I read through, I decided I would take my dog (Baxter) here & have dinner. Read several good reviews about their food so it seemed like a winner. I was very impressed. I went for a late afternoon dinner here & my dog was the only one there. There werent many people yet since it was a work day & little too early for the after work crowd.
I ordered a mixed drink made with ginger beer & started the meal with some plantains after reading they were not to be missed. They were sweet & caramelized & Bax & I had trouble waiting for them to cool down, but they were worth the wait. That drink (wish I could remember the name!) really hit the spot too.
Being in Charleston, seafood was my goal & I passed up the terrific looking shrimp tacos for what turned out to be a fantastic taco plate with mahi mahi. The fish was cooked to perfection, & along with it came avocado, pineapple salsa & shredded red cabbage. It was fantastic & Bax was happy he got to sit next to me while I ate. He doesnt even get that at home : )
I also got a grilled tuna salad to go & had that later on & it was excellent too. I recommend this as a necessary Charleston stop for a great meal!