“Fun atmosphere, good food”
Review of Fuel

Fuel
Ranked #121 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fuel (new restaurant) 211 Rutledge Ave. Charleston, SC 29403
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A converted old gas station, Fuel has a fun and unique atmosphere. You can eat on the patio area out back, either at tables or in what are more like lounge chairs sitting in a circle. Dogs are aloud and be aware that many people do bring them, if that would be a problem. We all enjoyed the food, which was reasonably priced, and the portions were big enough for some of us to bring back leftovers. Overall, the restaurant is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank zberkleycramer

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fun place. Our server was very good. The food was tasty and reasonable. The menu is a little limited but enough to find something you like. Reasonable drink prices also. Kind of out of the way but worth finding it. Also has a back yard patio.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I liked Fuel; simple, fun menu, no wait, not expensive, cold draft beer. A good place for a relatively quick, casual meal like a burger or some tasty apps. Nothing overly exciting, just a good basic place. They have a fabulous outdoor space that is so fun in the nice weather, but this time we were there when it was really cold so had to sit indoors.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I go to Fuel more often than not and enjoy it every time. A small and seemingly simple menu offers big flavor that cannot be forgotten. Try the bison burger, you won't be disappointed! They also have $2 drafts of High Life all the time. Can't beat that.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was on travel and my buddy wanted to go to Fuel after had seen it on Diners Driveins and Dives. After I heard it had been featured on TV, I thought sure why not, this can't be bad. I was wrong. We started off with the Ho Cakes which were just a nasty fried corn patty with toppings. For the main course I had the Mahi Mahi tacos and my friend had the Chorizo burger. We both rated our entrees 2 out of 5. The best part of the meal was the cup of Sweet Corn Bisque I had. The building itself did seem pretty cool and the drinik specials were very good. If you go make sure its during the summer or when the weather is good because of the garage doors it can cold inside.