“Delightful cottage that surpassed our expectations”
other travelers have booked this property
Welcome to the Cottage
Kitchen and eating area study area with convertible sofa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Kitchen and eating area
study area with convertible sofa
Living area with view toward the kitchen
Master Bedroom
View of the main house from the cottage patio
Carriage gates leading to the cottage
Cottage garden
Carriage gates and parking area
Master bathroom
View from Study Area to Living Room
View of front entrance
View of main house from Limehouse Street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 27 reviews

Reviews from our community

2blins
Mount Holly, North Carolina
“Delightful cottage that surpassed our expectations”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We expected a nice experience, but the cottage at 9 Limehouse Street surpassed anything we could have expected. The location is perfect in the heart of the battery. We were able to walk everywhere and thankful to have off-street gated parking and our own private courtyard. The cottage is quaint, peaceful and outfitted to meet your every need. Chriss is so personable, knowledgeable of the area and was very helpful. The tour of the main house was a highlight of our trip. We will return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: privacey and location
Liked least: nothing
Donna L
Naples FL
“Awesome Place to Stay”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

This is my third time saying it and I am almost reluctant to recommend it because I want to be able to stay here! But I also want to commend our hostess Chriss for having such a great accommodation. My husband and I owned a boutique luxury hotel and we are extremely 'picky' to say the least. But this Cottage has to be one of the best places to stay in Charleston. It is tastefully decorated, very private and comfortable, and in perhaps the best area of the city, just two blocks from the waterfront and walking distance to the Battery. The area is residential (no hotels or restaurants) but close to everything. Each time we leave we immediately book our next stay.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
David K
Ocean View, Delaware
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

The Cottage is located in the heart of the historic district with everything you will want to explore in walking distance. Did not move the car for 4 days! It is charming, comfortable and spacious with its own outdoor area for your coffee. Even when the weather turns bad, as it did for this stay, you will feel warm and very much in Charleston. The owner lives in the larger, and historic house, and very much adds to the character of this location. Highly Recommended.

sparklesq...
Michigan
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

A friend of mine and me stayed 2 nights here, and it was a charming place to stay. I'd call it a 1 bedroom home, and it was a very calm and peaceful place to rent for the weekend. I stayed on the sofabed, and it was reasonably comfortable, and because it had 1.5 baths, I could place all my toiletries in the 1/2 bath. The wifi worked, but for some reason there was no internet service going into the router. We did not tell the owner, so I can't complain about that. The owner, Chriss, did stop by on our last day, but she did try to catch up with us earlier (we were out and about each time). It was an easy walk into the city center, and it was a treat just walking through the neighborhood. Everything was great with this place, and I would highly recommend it.

Traveling group: Friends
Janean E
Los Angeles, California
“The best way to experience Charleston!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

In the Charleston airport waiting for my flight back to cold New York, but couldn't wait to post my comments. The Cottage at 9 Limehouse St was the absolute best. For someone who would love to live in Charleston, this truly was the best way to experience the city. The cottage was large and extremely comfortable. I felt right at home immediately. It was close enough to walk to all that Charleston has to offer. All of the historic sights, fantastic restaurants, the Battery, beautiful historic homes etc. I truly could not be happier with my trip. Thank you so much Chriss. I so cannot wait until I can come back again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the property and the cottage.
Liked least: Having to leave!
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Stephen U
Solvang, California
“Our own Cottage in Charleston”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I love Charleston and the Cottage made us feel as if we were living in the heart of Charleston. We were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to go. The Cottage was a wonderful retreat, complete with sitting rooms, kitchen, dining room and 1 and 1/2 baths. We loved the king size bed. It truly felt as if it were our own home. We very much appreciated the Wilson's hospitality and enjoyed touring the "Big House." If you want to feel like a Charlestonian, even if just for a few days, this is the place to go. We loved the house and we enjoyed our stay in Charleston. I would highly recommend the Cottage to anyone going to Charleston. We felt it was a great value and a better place to stay than almost any hotel, and it was private and quiet.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and privacy
Liked least: everything was great
blossomka...
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Cottage at 9 Limehouse St. was my little piece of heaven”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at The Cottage at 9 Limehouse St. during a return trip to my hometown of Charleston, SC last week. We were in town attending to cemetary arrangements for a family member, and it was also our anniversary, so I selected The Cottage based on the photos that I had seen of it's serene setting and it's location in the heart of downtown Charleston. I couldn't have made a better choice. There is off street parking within the confines of the beautiful ironwork gates that lead up the drive to the cottage. I spent as much time as I could just sitting on the front porch of the cottage and drinking in the beauty of this wonderful setting. The majestic oak trees draped in moss, and the beauty of the pre-civil war mansions all around the cottage were just part of it's charm. When you enter the cottage, you walk into the main living area, which is furnished with a sofa, two comfortable chairs, a coffee table and a separate seating area for watching tv. The kitchen is open to the living room, and has a lovely bar and spacious eating area. As you proceed into the cottage, you enter yet another seating area with sofa and coffee table and some lovely period antiques. The bedroom has a lovely four-poster bed, seating, spacious closet, and windows on two walls. The main bath has double sinks and a walk in shower. There is also a half bath in the cottage. Although the cottage is not listed as being handicap-accessible, it actually is accessible if you are able to negotiate the four steps that lead up to the front porch.

The owner very graciously gave us a tour of the main house, with it's many antiques and historic artifacts that have been handed down within her and her husband's families. We were also introduced to the owners' two friendly labrador retrievers, which provided my dog fix since I didn't have my dogs with me. Did I mention that the cottage is pet-friendly?!

The cottage is walkable to the historic Battery and it's adjoining Whitepoint Gardens park, yet you can walk in the opposite direction and avail yourself of Charleston's many wonderful restaurants, shops, and historic market area.

I've stayed at many of the hotels and B&B's in Charleston over the years since I've moved away, but The Cottage at 9 Limehouse St. will forever be one of my favorites.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, cleanliness, amenities, layout of Cottage, off-street parking
Liked least: Mattress was too hard
Friends getaway People with disabilities
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$275
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing