“Very Informative”

Old Charleston Walking Tours
Ranked #23 of 221 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Charleston Walking Tours is proud to offer an array of narrated walks that cover the most interesting historical issues and sights in a city known for its turbulent past and unusual beauty. Our guides are the best in the business, with years of research and storytelling experience. They promise the kind of accuracy, insight and enthusiasm that create a delightful touring experience. Let them lead you to Charleston's hidden alleys and tell you what went on behind its closed doors.The daytime walks last approximately two hours. The ghost walks are shorter (and scarier).We go rain or shine. There are no hills. The pace is easy. Please join us. You'll be glad you did!
Kirkland, Washington
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Very Informative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We took the Charleston Homes/History tour. Our guide definitely knew his history and enjoyed his job. I had hoped it would mean walking a little bit more around the town, but that was okay. What we didn’t realize is that the tour ended at one of the old homes and then included a 30 minute tour of the home. While that was nice, we didn’t exactly expect it and didn’t allocate time for it.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Something fun to do on a weeknight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We used a groupon for the ghost tour and it was definitely worth it! Very interesting guide for his knowledge on the ghosts and the history of Charleston. Creepy once the sun went down but nothing too scary! I would definitely recommend the ghost tour if you are looking for something to do one night

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Full of interesting history and factual creepy ghost stories. The 7:30 ghost tour is not quite dark yet, and I can only imagine how much more creepy it would be at 9:30. I've never done one before, and my guest is interested in history. Tour guide Mike was very clear and informative. Great Charleston tidbits getting from one place to the next. It isn't just ghost stories, but research upon the history to get to why and where the ghosts could be from. Highly recommend, completely worth it!!!

Visited April 2013
pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Fun tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Took a ghost tour with Mike last night at 9:30. It was a great time to go as it was dark & pretty empty in the streets on a Monday night. While I don't actually believe that ghosts exist, I think my stepsons do & they were creeped out by the stories. I liked the fact that Mike tried to look into the history of a place to see what may have happened there to make some connections. All in all a fun time!

Okauchee, Wisconsin, United States
“Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'm a huge fan of history and being in a city that has a lot of history behind, it made it even better. I took both the Ghost tour, chilling, and the Civil War tour, exciting. The guide was knowledgeable and very good at his job. He made the tour worth the money spent and it was very, very interesting. Got to see a good variety of the city.