“I felt followed!”

Old Charleston Walking Tours
Ranked #23 of 224 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Charleston Walking Tours is proud to offer an array of narrated walks that cover the most interesting historical issues and sights in a city known for its turbulent past and unusual beauty. Our guides are the best in the business, with years of research and storytelling experience. They promise the kind of accuracy, insight and enthusiasm that create a delightful touring experience. Let them lead you to Charleston's hidden alleys and tell you what went on behind its closed doors.The daytime walks last approximately two hours. The ghost walks are shorter (and scarier).We go rain or shine. There are no hills. The pace is easy. Please join us. You'll be glad you did!
Orlando, Florida
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“I felt followed!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I took the ghost tour on 11/24/12 at 9:30. We arrived a little early and since it was just us an another couple we were able to get started early. I appreciated this as I had been walking all day and was getting tired. (I can act like an old lady, what can I say?) Mike was a really friendly guy and he let us ask any questions at all, about the city, ghosts, you name it. He didn't try the scary voice routine or invade personal space like a previous tour I had in St. Augustine. He just told the stories about each place we visited. I like that the best because true stories are the ones that have more impact in my opinion. I have been on ghost tours before but I have never been scared. This is the first time I can honestly say that I felt like I was being followed after we left the creepy, overgrown graveyard. I had this feeling like I should keep looking over my shoulder, and it lasted for a while. I'm just glad I didn't see the lady in the white dress!

North Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Old Charleston Walking Ghost Tour”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had a wonderful time on the Old Charleston walking ghost tour. The group was small and we felt special to be a part of it. Mike, our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and had awesome stories to tell.

The price was unbelievably inexpensive. In addition, using our "Living Social" coupon it was half off!

Visited December 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an evening”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I moved to Charleston a year ago and I promised I would do all the nerdy things I could to get to know this fascinating city. Mike took my fiance and I on a ghost tour and it was a perfect date night after dinner downtown. Fun, informative, and so interesting. Mike is an incredible storyteller and has wonderful knowledge of the city. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Charleston.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Great walk through history!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Spent 3 hours with Dennis a couple of Saturdays ago with my wife and another couple. I'm somewhat of a history buff and was blown away at Dennis knowledge and passion for Charleston. Dennis was engaging and delightful with a soothing delivery and real love for what he does. Highly reccomend

Summerville, South Carolina, United States
“Great tour.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Mike did a really great job. Some very interesting info on the area. Mike even suggested a great place to eat for a good price right around the corner.