“very delicious and excellent wait staff!”

Tabbuli Grill - Mediterranean & American
Ranked #199 of 898 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper Concord Street
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very delicious and excellent wait staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

we had dinner there Tuesday night with 7 adults and 8 kids. (we were the only people there with kids) the food was so good and priced just right (for a family of 5 on a budget) but what impressed me the MOST was the wait staff. they showed us patience and kindness and I will always remember that! even when my kid spilled his drink! the waiter was so sweet-he comforted my 6 year old and said "that's ok buddy, we have grown ups that make bigger messes than this". i'm not sure if I would consider this family friendly, because of the bar atmosphere and hookahs. but we enjoyed it anyway and are very appreciative of their kindness!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Brianna M

New York City, New York
“Vegetarian?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had some vegetarians in our group, so it was nice to find a place in Charleston that served dishes without meat or cheese in them (not easy to find). The hookah, and the young lively crowd, made this outdoor restaurant all the more enjoyable!

Visited July 2013
“Nice Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch while touring the market area. My wife and I both had the gyro. The service was fast and they accommodated our three year old well. The waitress even danced with her!

• Visited July 2013
Awendaw, South Carolina
“Surprising”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We are locals here in Charleston and just happened to be in the area of downtown Charleston and found this place.

The chicken sandwich and the hamburger was great!! The service was great as well, the music was so peaceful as we sat outside and ate.

Will go back again!,

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank vacationers0_27
Savannah, GA
“Nice atmosphere, but food barely average, though OK for a quickie, LIGHT lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My hubby and I stopped in here after a long walk through the Charleston Old City Market (see my review), because we like Middle Eastern food and had heard a few good reviews. There is no inside seating, so be aware of this if you don't like the spring/summer southern heat. It's a little cooler under their tent, but still too hot. We ordered the hummus as an appetizer and I was honestly amazed at the tiny little sauce bowl and the few pieces of pita bread! I've eaten hummus from here to China, but this was barely adequate, thin and a little runny, with so-so flavor, no intensity of lemon and olive oil I've come to expect--I get MUCH better hummus at The Diner in Savannah (24-hour diner/breakfast place owned by a Greek family). I wanted lamb so I ordered the lamb kabob plate and my husband went with the trusty gyro and fries. Again, I was shocked to see the ONE kabob and another of just vegetables--it looked pretty thin and lonely on that plate, for $15. The lamb was chewy and lacked flavor so I asked for tzatziki sauce for a dip--again, it was way too thin for true tzatziki (watered down to save money or what?), though the roasted vegetables were good; the yellow rice was, meh, just ok. My husband let me try a bite of his gyro, and it was, well, ok, nothing special,--the fries were thin, shriveled and not particularly tasty. I took a look at the place from stem to stern and saw that, maybe at night, with it's garden area, hookah bar, and dog-friendly atmosphere, it might serve as a fun little gathering spot, but if you want good Middle Eastern with authentic flavor I'd just go somewhere else.

• Visited June 2013