“Excellent away to Celebrate our Special Occasion”
Review of Lana Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Lana Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cannon
Description: Cozy and sophisticated Lana Restaurant & Bar offers old world cuisine with local and sustainable ingredients. Chef owned and operated Lana is off the beaten path and a local favorite. In house cured meats and pates, house made gnocchi Lana has garnered local regional and national acclaim.The freshest ingredients are delivered daily by local farmers and fisherman. Join us for lunch or dinner we look forward to serving you. We also now have FREE PARKING across the street at Holy Communion Church from 5pm-12pm! You can find entrances to the lot on Rutledge or Ashley.
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Our family of four (2 adults, 2 kids) ate here to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary while vacationing on IOP. Lana's staff was friendly and accommodating both before and during our dinner. The food was very good and creative. Loved the chilled cucumber soup, scallops, rib-eye. The sorbet samplers were a fantastic finish...especially the mint! A neighborhood gem!

1  Thank UNC-MBA-98
There are newer reviews for Lana Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Ok, Lana's let's start off my review like the rest. I live in charleston for the most part!! I am guilty of being a repeat offender here at Lana. Probably six times this year, and I would still be going had something "fishy" not happened ONE time I went their. I want to repeat the ONE time part of this story. Everything on the menu is phenomenal, it's ok to be adventurous here as is with almost every restaurant in chuck town. I will say the bar is a really well stocked bar with local beer, and spirits plus everything else you could want! My personal favorite is the Ribeye. Anyways back to my only negative experience, I brought a buddy of mine their with my fiancé he had never been. Night started off. Well let's just say off. That is why I do not make a habit of hitting the same spot multiple times unless I know it's phenomenal. End of the night rolls around I pay! I randomly wanted to check my account, I was waiting for some sufficient funds to clear. Not a norm!! I literally watched the charge go through, to my amazement the total was forty over what the bill was supposed to be. I made it clear I had noticed this charge. The waiter and another gentlemen fumbled around with their words acting as if they had never seen the type of card I had used. "Amex ....k" long story short nothing ever came of it. Total was corrected. Had that not happened I'd most likely be heading their now. Anyways do not let this spoil your night out at a Fabulous restaurant. Please enjoy. I will never lie when reviewing a any type of establishment!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

With good food and excellent service but not much new on the culinary horizon. Nice décor and neighborhood.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Chef John Ondo made this one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. His food was delicious (the monksbowl was mouth watering) and his personal attention to our table was delightful. Thanks to him and our server Kelly for a special evening in Charleston.

2  Thank Egrisham
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The service was top notch. We started with gazpacho and as well a curry soup. A+. A bottle of Pouilly Fuise was only $56 and was great. A very reasonably priced wine list..unlike what has happened in most upscale Charleston restaurants. I had the Frutti de Mare and it was very good. Needed a bit of seasoning as it was on the bland side. Perhaps some pepper would have helped. My friend had a fish dish with a mixture of grilled vegetables as well as well a cleaver presentation of red peppers. Akin to a purée. The desert menu looked intriguing but we passed. Dinners are started with fresh bread and olive oil. Another plus are the tables are not jammed together. You can actually have a conversation. The executive chef/Owner was actually expediting and was delivering the entrees to the tables. Impressive! LANA should be on every diners list.