“Delicious food in all categories” 5 of 5 bubbles

Saffron Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #162 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Telephone 843-722-5588. Place is great & big. It also includes a Mediterranean market
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Delicious food in all categories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food is well prepared and fresh. We had entrees, sandwiches and desserts. All were outstanding. We bought several bakery items to go. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Great for Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Saffron was within walking distance of my hotel, so I went there twice for breakfast last week. The first day was amazing--the eggs, grits and biscuits were fantastic. Service was fast, & prices were very reasonable. After the first great experience, we headed back over the 2nd day. I'm not sure if there was a different cook, or if they just gave us the leftover biscuits from the first day, but the 2nd experience was not nearly as good. The biscuits were hard, grits were lumpy, and the service was slow. Hopefully, it was just an off day for them.

• Visited April 2013
charleston, sc
“Carrot Cake is delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I ordered a carrot cake for Easter dessert and it did not disappoint! The cake was extremely moist, perfect texture and the frosting was delicious - not too sweet. Our guests enjoyed the cake and we were glad that we had leftover pieces. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Visited March 2013
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“A disappointing experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I had looked forward to a visit to Saffron during the 40 days of Lent. I imagined wonderful pastries and bread which I had denied myself during the ore Easter period. So we went in after the Easter Vigil At a nearby church and I was very disappointed. I had the key lime which was really pretty awful: heavy, dense and with no hint of key lime and my friend had a blueberry scone which tasted dry and stale. I expected a kit more and got a lot less. Not a place I would hurry back to.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thomasville, Georgia
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We found this restaurant while looking for another bakery that had been closed and it was a great find. A young lady stopped to ask if we needed help finding a restaurant when the other place was closed and she directed us to Saffron. Mediteranian omelet was super and short stack of pancakes was just right. The deserts on display looked fantastic but we did not indulge since we just had plenty for breakfast.

• Visited March 2013