“Mackinac Island Fudge and homemade ice cream”

Kilwins Chocolate and Ice Cream
Ranked #6 of 41 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife found this place on our second to last day in Charleston and was instantly in heaven. Superb ice cream and fudge. When we got home, we just found out that they are opening a store in our town soon. I know where date nights are going to end up now!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My hubby and I ran in here for ice cream and chose the sea salt caramel. TO DIE FOR. The place was packed and the staff were all VERY friendly and helpful. I ended up buying caramel popcorn and some milk chocolate caramels to go. If I had tried those in the shop, I would have bought more. Very good!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stopped in for a sundae...made the sundae than realized they were out of whipped cream? Hello? You are an ice cream place?? Server should have offered something as substitute topping but didn't and we didn't ask. Place looked untidy with boxes strewn around behind the counter. Neither of us finished our sundaes because we both thought the flavor (vanilla) tasted a little off. Have eaten at a Kilwin's in Sarasota and Key West area and not the same experience at all.

1  Thank sandiagal
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Unusual flavors of ice cream and wonderful fudge. Lots of raves about the fudge when we got home. Too bad the ice cream couldn't last.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The ice cream here is very good. Creamy, not too sweet, a nice range of flavors. It's a bit pricey, but hey, we were on vacation!