“Try the TOASTED COCONUT ice cream ;)))”

Kilwins Chocolate and Ice Cream
Ranked #4 of 43 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was fascinated as I watched them making fudge...then I was given a sample of it!! YUM!! I'm partial to PRALINES and CREAM ice cream, but got a sample spoon of the TOASTED COCONUT (one of many sample spoonsful teehee) and I was in love!! Try it in a waffle cone- heaven!
In a 2 day visit to Charleston, SC I visited Kilwins TWICE!! Everyone working there is super friendly- I'm really glad I stopped in!!

1  Thank CooperRiverDiver

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was in Charleston for only two days and had ice cream here twice! The employees here were very nice! They let you sample whatever flavors you like. I settled on Sea Salt and Caramel on the first visit and Turtle cheesecake and a scoop,of blueberry on the second. Very tasty. They were making fudge at the time we went in and we got to sample that also. Heavenly!!!!!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

First time visiting charleston and it was HOT. Stopped in for ice cream and fudge. Amazing!!! Vanilla bean and charleston mud were fantastic. Wish I could go back right now...yum!!!!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have visited Charleston 10-12 times and this is a must stop of us! Love the candies and ice cream.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I have a summer ritual of sampling local ice cream parlors to find the best around. Well seems we have found the best ice cream around. It doesn't matter to me if it is a chain-all the better.Bought ice cream each day we were in Charleston. At least I don't have to live in the town this shop is located to get their ice cream. We live 3 hours away from Charleston and was celebrating our anniversary there. The toasted coconut is awesome. I like that they retire different flavors so if you like it, get it while you can. We did not try the fudge or any other items but the place smells divine - interesting to see the candied apples being made. Their napkins list the other locations-still none close to us but will definitely be returning. Place is very clean. Staff very customer service friendly. Long line moves very fast. A little pricey but worth every cent.