“Magnificent experience!”

Charleston Footprints Walking Tours
Ranked #1 of 232 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Enchanting historic Charleston comes alive on entertaining and informative walking tours with 7th-generation Charleston native Michael Trouche. Discover stunning architecture, glorious gardens, Civil and Revolutionary War sites, cobblestone streets, wrought iron gates, legendary graveyards, and the local flavor of the fabled “Holy City” that no one knows better than Michael, who grew up in the famous "South of Broad" area, and has written two popular books on Charleston, where his family has lived for more than 215 years. Michael won numerous prestigious awards as host of the acclaimed "Carolina Camera" television program for 20 years on the local Charleston CBS affiliate, and has charmed tour guests for 10 years with his unparalleled knowledge of South Carolina's history, culture, plants and animals, as well as colorful insights, locations and anecdotes that only a lifelong Charleston native would truly know.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and I have traveled extensively over the years and have taken many guided tours. Last year, we were in Charleston and my wife took MIchael's walking tour; she commented that he was perhaps the best guide she had used. This year, we came back to Charleston and took the tour. Her opinion is right on target. His enthusiasm, knowledge, and ability to relate history to his tour group is remarkable. If you plan on visiting Charleston, call him without delay!

1  Thank parkietx
There are newer reviews for Charleston Footprints Walking Tours

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We spent over two fascinating hours with Michael Trouche's this morning exploring Charleston. This is our third time to tour with Michael and I have no doubt we will do it again the next time we return to the "Holy City." Every tour is different. Michael is a wealth of information - knows every answer to every question asked, and, is such a gracious Southern gentleman. I cannot recommend him enough. This is a Must! Patricia, Asheville! NC

1  Thank pledse
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Michael Trouche does a wonderful job in explaining so much of the history of Charleston. He is very knowledgable and interesting. He makes the city come alive! My husband and I will return to Charleston and bring our daughters in the spring-and once again take his tour. I can't say enough good things about this tour.

1  Thank 411Barbara
Reviewed December 1, 2013

What a great way to spend two hours when in Charleston. The time flew and it was a much better investment/learning experience than the horse/carriage rides. Up close and personal, examples of the different types of dialects found in Charleston as well as historical tidbits. Michael Trouche was the right balance between energetic, informative and humorous. His personal 7th generation Charlestonian background gave our tour authenticity and watching locals wave and acknowledge him made it feel even more authentic.We wish it were longer!

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Worth every penny. Reasonably priced and far better than the carriage rides at the same price. Michael knows Charleston firsthand and made our two hour tour seem like only minutes. I have knee issues and I did just fine. Pace is very comfortable and only 3 stairs in the whole tour. Cobblestone and paver paths would be difficult for some.
Highly recommended.