“FABULOUS - must do! Best moment of my trip!”

Adventure Harbor Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Family fun for everyone! We offer 3 hour shell and sharks tooth hunting & history trips out to beautiful and secluded Morris Island, as well as romantic sunset and dolphin cruises. Science and eco tours for kids, and school groups that meet or exceed SC school standards as well. Definitely kid and pet friendly, too. Our vessels are perfectly suited for private charters, bachelorette and bachelor parties, anniversaries and birthday parties, any kind of get together you can think of, up to 80 passengers. Come on out and see us!
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Howard thank you for the fabulous morning on the harbor!! Tripadvisor peeps this tour is a must do and I'm not a touristy type of person. Howard is a class act and it was so much fun. Weather was very "ify" and my friend and I were the only people booked on the tour - he could have EASILY cancelled but didn't and we had the best trip ever! Great captain, great attitude, great sense of humor, great boat, tons of knowledge and tons of dolphins!! I will definitely return and go on more adventures with Adventure Harbor Tours!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Absolutely brilliant. We had booked this trip and Capt. Howie had been very helpful via e-mails beforehand. The trip is really laid back and Howie makes sure you get the best of the conditions so went out of his way to sail close to the forts and also search for dolphins. Once over at the island he was very enthusiastic and helpful finding sharks' teeth, pottery etc. We also had the choice of whether to walk to the lighthouse or beach comb. Morris Island is secluded with a really good beach for a walk. He's got loads of local and historical knowledge of the area which he's happy to share in a very informal way. Excellent man doing an excellent trip. So get some fresh air and exercise and get yourselves on this trip.
A couple of tips - inflater or earlier in the season it can get cool o the water so take a jacket. When you get to the car park on Patriots' Point go to the marina entrance to the left of the restaurant and shop place by the shore. Follow the boardwalk to the harbour admin office. It's not signposted so it's not obvious where to go.

1  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was drawn in by the website alone - the author clearly has a great sense of humor. Then, I learned that the Captain himself wrote it and I knew we were in for a treat!

Capt. Howie is amazing - so very, very knowledgeable about the area, the history, and especially about all of the wonderful "treasures" on Morris Island. It was an education in the Civil War, biology, and archaeology all rolled into one session.

We will gladly take his tour again the next time we're in Charleston. I loved that it was a small group. Capt. Howie took care to look after each of us, and in such a short time, made us feel like we were all old friends.

If you can only go on one cruise on your vacation here, make it this one!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Captain Howie and Marnie were great guides. Captain Howie provided great historical information about Fort Sumter and Marnie was great at explaining the wildlife. The trip is well worth it for couples, singles and families. Very informative and entertaining.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I called Adventure Harbor Tours an hour or two before their sunset tour and asked if there was more space. Captain Howie was very friendly and assured me that I could just show up and pay there, which was great, because my fiance and I did not plan ahead. He gave me directions to their dock and how/where to park, which I appreciated. There ended up only being 4 of us on the tour and I was so appreciative that the tour wasn't cancelled; I had seen on other websites that if the tour had too little attendance it might be cancelled, but Howie was excited to take us four out.
The actual tour was wonderful, and Captain Howie and first mate Marnie were great! Very informative and very friendly. We learned a lot and got some beautiful views. We saw dolphins jumping in front of a large ship which was really cool. We also approached the sunset at the perfect time and got the most beautiful views of the setting sun. Overall a great tour - very well priced, very informative, great views of the area, and Captain Howie and Marnie are great! I would 100% recommend the sunset tour or any other tour with Adventure Harbor Tours.