“Ghosts of the South Tour”

Ghosts of The South
Small Group Haunted History Walking Tour of Charleston
Ranked #73 of 235 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: In business for 14 years. We offer nightly GHOST TOURS. We visit sights that have been on the HISTORY CHANNEL/DISCOVERY CHANNEL and GHOST ADVENTURS. All our guides are experts in Charleston's haunted history.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Was in town for a few days visiting my sailor son and we went on the 7 pm Ghosts of the South tour with John on a Friday night. Great time! We were the only two on the tour so it seemed like a private tour. John is a wealth of knowledge and a great guide. He has a tablet that he enhances the walk & talk with, showing pertinent photos both historic and ghostly. Very informative of his ghostly haunts but also Charleston history and current events. We would recommend this to anyone interested in history, ghosts or both. Not frightening at all but not for young kids as it is dark and well, there just isn't enough"action" for the young ones to keep them entertained.
We will do another tour the next time I pop into town. Thanks, John

3  Thank Charlestontourist58

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I did this ghost tour of Charleston and were extremely pleased! Since it turned out being just me and my wife it almost seemed like a personal tour. John scheduled this tour and took time out of his evening just for us! John was terrific and had so much knowledge and love for his city it made it that much better! After he found out that my wife was into architecture he would even be sure to point out any architectural details and the architects involved. His knowledge of creepy spooks, dates, the buildings, and people in the town was phenominal! He was able to answer any questions we threw at him and had amazing pictures to add to the experience on his tablet, and a few personal encounters he brought to the table. We were extremely pleased with the creepy stories and John's incredible knowledge. I would HIGHLY recommend you use this company for your ghost tour - you won't be disappointed!

3  Thank Crockett312
Reviewed January 1, 2014

John took us on a well-paced tour and had fun pics on his tablet to enhance the experience. He is very knowledgeable on his subjects and has done extra research. He is conversational and not at all sounds like he's reading from any kind of script, just sharing ghost stories. I had a restaurant mgr (Eli's Table) confirm one John's stories saying he and his wife had felt a presence touch their shoulders at Poogan's Porch. Believe the stories or not (and why go if you're not going to suspend disbelief for at least a while), it's a fun tour with additional historical information about Charleston.

(I clicked bathroom below because he does have a restroom stop on the walk for us old ladies.)

1  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I were in Charleston for a conference. Part of the3 package was a ghost tour. Our guide was a young woman who was very informed about the city and the myths about it. A nice walk with interesting narration. The feral cats in the cemetery ran out as if on cue, and startled a few people. Our guide was also a good conversationalist. All in all it was a good time by all involved.

1  Thank Calicoboy
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a tour with John. We found his knowledge of the history and the storytelling to be absolutley amazing. We would highly recommend this tour, totally worth the time and money.

1  Thank katieheyda
haunted29401, Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank You for the nice comments. We appreciate it.