“Time well spent”

Ghosts of The South
Ranked #68 of 230 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: In business for 14 years. We offer nightly GHOST TOURS. We visit sights that have been on the HISTORY CHANNEL/DISCOVERY CHANNEL and GHOST ADVENTURS. All our guides are experts in Charleston's haunted history.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 270 helpful votes
“Time well spent”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I were in Charleston for a conference. Part of the3 package was a ghost tour. Our guide was a young woman who was very informed about the city and the myths about it. A nice walk with interesting narration. The feral cats in the cemetery ran out as if on cue, and startled a few people. Our guide was also a good conversationalist. All in all it was a good time by all involved.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Calicoboy

Bloomington, Minnesota
“Great tour!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a tour with John. We found his knowledge of the history and the storytelling to be absolutley amazing. We would highly recommend this tour, totally worth the time and money.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank katieheyda
haunted29401, Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank You for the nice comments. We appreciate it.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

There are a variety of companies conducting ghost tours in Charleston, so we spent a great deal of time deciding which to choose. There were a variety of positive reviews on TripAdvisor for this tour, so we went with it. I'm not sure if we had a different guide than most, but our tour was a huge disappointment! The guide walked us around, told us a variety of very-rehearsed stories with no animation whatsoever. He showed us a few photos on his tablet, and that was the extent of it. There were even children with our group and he didn't even try to get them excited about "ghosts". It was very apparent that no one in our group was happy with the tour. I wish we would've done a tour through a historic structure instead.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Scootergirl626
haunted29401, Guest Relations Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
When we receive a negative comment. We launch an extensive investigation. We know the exact tour you were on. We track and save all our guests info. We have contacted all of the other guests on this tour. And they have NO COMPLAINTS. All of the other guests loved the tour. And are recommending it to their friends and family. Our internal Q & A reviled no problems with the guide. We hope that our future guests will look at our good reviews. And not focus on an isolated incident.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent tour!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was a really fun tour! The guide did a terrific job as a storyteller and incorporated a lot of interesting history. I would ordinarily think that "interesting history" is an oxymoronic phrase, but I was pleasantly surprised with how much I learned (and I'm a local!). That said, the stories are actually spookier, I think, because they were presented with so many factual details. John has inspired me to do more touring of my own city. I recommend this tour to visitors and locals!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank coffeetree
Charleston, South Carolina
“Entertaining and Educational”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I thought the ghost tour would be silly. I was pleasantly surprised at how much knowledge our guide had about local history. He interwove the stories of haunted homes with historical events and even had photos as illustrations. When I have friends come into town, a ghost tour is always on the list. I have been at least five times and always use the same company.

Visited May 2013