“My first ghost walk” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ghosts of The South

Ghosts of The South
Ranked #69 of 229 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: This Tour Company is located in downtown Charleston, SC. And has been in business for approximately eight years. The company offers Ghost Tours nightly of the Historical District.
Charleston, South Carolina
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“My first ghost walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The tour guide was personable, knowledgeable, and funny. He brought an ipad and showed us pictures of two ghosts. His walking pace was just fine. He was agreeable in general. He spoke a little fast which is a good reason my first language is English. Sometimes he was difficult to understand. But I certainly would recommend this tour. I thought it would be too scary, but it's not at all scary. Just interesting and fun! My 14-year-old son enjoyed it too. Be sure to pick up discount coupons for the tour just inside the door at Poogan's Porch restaurant on Queen Street.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mscarol81

Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My mom and I went on the Friday night 8:00 p.m. ghost tour on July 26th, with John as our guide. We had a really great time. He was a very, VERY good story teller and we enjoyed the stories very much. We were taken to 5 or 6 "stops" for stories, all of which were awesome. We got to see some beautiful areas of downtown Charleston (the first time we both had ever been there), got some amazing pictures and learned a lot about the history of Charleston. John was very knowledgeable and tied his stories together with history and other photos from long ago. It was a really cool ghost tour. I can't say I saw any ghosts or felt anything creepy, but it was a beautiful walk with some awesome places, stories and company. We even went back to some of the places he told us about the next day for a closer look and some daytime pictures. We give John and The Ghosts of The South tour a gold star!

2 Thank Lezlie W
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Ghost tour awesome and guide rocked!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Families with children will love this tour by John. Very tuned in to his audience. My 8 year old niece couldn't wait to help write this review . It was so great she said she couldn't explain it in words. The pictures he showed us made even doubters question if ghosts were real. He was a very engaging storyteller and had a personal story to tell. Helena says, "Best storyteller in Charleston." Definitely recommend.:)

1 Thank Lisa C
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Silly stories with occasional snapshots of "ghosts"on guide's tablet! What a waste! However enjoyed the walk thru the historic district of Charleston!

2 Thank cooperp5
Falls Church, Virginia
“So so - may depend on the guide”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Specifically requested John as our tour guide based on the reviews seen here, but was put in another group - was not very happy about that. Kevin was okay, but was not super friendly and was a bit arrogant when I questioned why we were not put with John. The tour was pretty good, but not great.

Visited July 2013
haunted29401, Front Office Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Many people my mistake arrogance for extreme confidence. Kevin has been giving tours for eight years. He is one of our "best" guides. Many people have high expectations about the ghost tours. We have found that if guests lower their expectations they have a great time ! We have also contacted other guests, that took the same tour. And they LOVED it.