“Great ghost tour”

Ghosts of The South
Ranked #74 of 238 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: This Tour Company is located in downtown Charleston, SC. And has been in business for approximately eight years. The company offers Ghost Tours nightly of the Historical District.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great ghost tour”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My Mom and I went on this tour tonight with John and we both loved it. He was a fantastic guide! Loved all of the history of Charleston and hearing about the great fire. The visuals that he had of before and after shots were awesome. I would recommend this tour to anyone! Thanks John!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kelly N

Jefferson, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What a Great time! History and Fun!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I took my 14yr old daughter and her friend and we had such a good time together. Kevin was our guide and was very knowledgeable and delivered the story of each location very well and added some good fun as well, but nothing cheesy. We have been to Charleston many times, but this was first Ghost Tour. Its a must do for sure!

Visited April 2013
St. Charles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Would try another tour company next time”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This ghost walk was okay. Our tour guide was Kevin and he was too dramatic. He would show us a house, building, etc...tell us about it....then we'd walk a 1/2 block , he'd stop us, and tell us what he forgot to tell us about the place when we were standing in front of it. We also started out...walked 1/2 way down the block, then Kevin said we were going the wrong way and we turned back and walked back where we just came from...unorganized. It was so-so.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank TravelerStCharles
haunted29401, Guest Relations Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We are sorry you thought Kevin was to dramatic. We encourage our tour guides to be fun and interactive. We do not hire dull or boring tour guides. We have asked other people who were on the same tour what they thought. And of this post their were no other complaints.
Tennessee, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Ghosts and History”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

John was extremely patient, polite, and full of information and VERY interesting stories... Plus, he mixed stories of old with new technology to present a delightful walking tour complete with beautiful clear pictures on an iPad (or some such device). Lots of history I had never heard, and the pictures he showed of the before and after results of the great fire almost brought me to tears.
You leave wanting to know more, so I'll be checking my local library for any books on Charleston.

The ONLY thing I could find fault with is that a warning would have been nice for any elderly or impaired people that the beginning of the tour was practically a brisk jog to the first point of interest 2 blocks away.
There was an elderly couple in the tour group, and my Mom was limping from walking too much earlier in the day. It was hard on them.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lisa S
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very interesting tour!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a GREAT evening! John was an awesome tour guide, and really did a fantastic job with telling the various ghostly events of the past. I enjoyed every minute of the tour and learned things, that as a Charleston Native, I never even knew. I have been a Docent in some of the historic homes downtown, and had not heard any of the stories that he shared. He also shared pictures throughout the tour, and a personal experience with an actual ghost being captured on film. It was the fastest 75 minutes ever b/c we were thoroughly entertained from beginning to end! Great job!!! My mom and I enjoyed being a tourist in our own town!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Lisa C
haunted29401, Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank You for your response. We always love positive feed back from locals.