“Great Tour by Knowledgable Guide”

Charleston Sole Walking Tours
Ranked #14 of 221 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, my name is Brian Simms and I am a 10th generation Charlestonian. Our All About Charleston tour features the history, culture and architecture of the area. We will stroll the streets and alleyways of the "Holy City" while sharing stories along the way, covering overall Charleston history, the people who built this city and its trials and tribulations. There is a rich history and culture I would like to share and look forward to showing you the sights of our area, creating an experience you will remember for years to come!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Tour by Knowledgable Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a blast. I highly recommend. My wife was pregnancy and I feel like the guide made a point to find opportunities to use the rest room and have a seat for a few minutes to rest our feet.

Jacksonville FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What A Fun Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our family took a 2 hour tour (actually lasted 2 1/2 hrs...you get your $$ worth!) last weekend and it was great! Brian can make Charleston history come alive and we enjoyed all his interesting stories about the people who lived here and the neat buildings in the historical district. I would highly recommend his tour to anyone....you will be glad you did.

Johnston, Iowa
“Wonderful way to spend a morning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Brian did a wonderful job of showing us the highlights of historic Charleston. We found him to be very knowledgeable and friendly. We loved having a small group, so we could ask questions and it made it very easy to get around to all the points of interest and hear Brian's explanation.

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“This is the tour to pick!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I wanted to do a walking tour of Charleston but was overwhelmed with all the choices. I picked Brian's tour based on the Trip Advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. Brian did a good job of taking us through the historic district and pointing out key sites and providing very detailed information. It was exactly what I wanted. He was very good with answering all questions and modifying the trip based on the very hot weather. He stopped for bathroom breaks (much appreciated) as well as water. Just a fantastic guide. I got more out of this experience than any of the other tours we did. At the end of the tour he went out his way to make sure we had a place identified for lunch and any other information to make our stay good. Just a great host.

The other comment I'd like to make it how good it is to be in a group. While I expected to learn a lot from Brian the questions and comments from the other folks in our group really added to the experience.

Huntington Beach, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Keeping pace with Brian.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

What a joy to experience Charleston through the feet and eyes of such a knowledgeable guide!
Brian was punctual, enthusiastic, and well informed. Our walk around the historic district took a little over 2 1/2 hours with ample stops to catch our breath, take potty breaks, and drink in the views.

Visited May 2014