“Keeping pace with Brian.....”

Charleston Sole Walking Tours
Ranked #24 of 236 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, my name is Brian Simms and I am a 10th generation Charlestonian. Our All About Charleston tour features the history, culture and architecture of the area. We will stroll the streets and alleyways of the "Holy City" while sharing stories along the way, covering overall Charleston history, the people who built this city and its trials and tribulations. There is a rich history and culture I would like to share and look forward to showing you the sights of our area, creating an experience you will remember for years to come!
Reviewed June 9, 2014

What a joy to experience Charleston through the feet and eyes of such a knowledgeable guide!
Brian was punctual, enthusiastic, and well informed. Our walk around the historic district took a little over 2 1/2 hours with ample stops to catch our breath, take potty breaks, and drink in the views.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"tour group"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I only had one full day in Charleston and wanted to learn and see as much as possible during our short stay. Brian's tour was a wonderful way to accomplish this goal. His knowledge of the city and its history was very impressive and he taught us so much more than I thought we could learn in just 2 hours. We were lucky to be in a small group and so it felt like the tour was catered just to us. I would strongly recommend taking Brian's tour while you are visiting and really getting to embrace the city and its history and charm.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Brian of Sole Walking Tours provided a very informative tour of Charleston. He was generous with his time and knowledge and customized the tour to fit our preferences. Great way to start your visit to Charleston. He was also a wealth of knowledge concerning restaurants and other sites to visit. Highly recommend Brian and Sole WalkIng Tours.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Brian is enthusiastic and knowledgeable but I left with a lot of useless information. Brian is very personable but the content did not seem appropriate. We could have moved much faster and he could have been more specific in his comments, limiting a lot of verbage so we could retain the hightlights. I get more from a tour when it contains some big bullet points and not get clouded with too much information. For example, he took us in the garden of the Nathanial Russel House and only showed us the bouncing bench when he could have gave us some quick info on the importance of the house and owners. I would not expect too much from this tour.

CharlestonSole, Owner at Charleston Sole Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

I am so sorry for your disappointment in the tour. I always try to do my best and give interesting facts and stories. Day to day the tour may change slightly due to group interaction. I remember this tour and your were the only one asking any questions. Sometimes, the vibe of the group resonates through the whole tour. I greatly appreciate your interest. When we enter the Nathaniel Russell garden, I speak about the family, the plants and show everyone the joggling board next to the kitchen house. This is one of the highlights of the tour and usually takes 12 minutes! I cannot imagine I completely took that out of the tour. Everyone has different ways of processing history, if it is bullet points or stories and tidbits of interesting facts. Some like it more general and some more involved. That is why I ask everyone at the beginning of the tour to see if they have any specific interests. I am sorry this tour was not for you. If anyone has any questions about my tour, please contact me personally on my mobile at 843-364-8272. I hope to see you out on the tour soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2014

You can definitely tell that Brian loves his job as a tour guide in Charleston. He is extremely knowledgable about the history of the area and will customize each tour to the interests of the group. Our group had a lot of questions, and he had answers for pretty much all of them. Our tour ran a little over 3 hours because he had so many interesting facts and stories to share about the history of the area, dating all the way back to the 1500s. He was very helpful and willing to recommend restaurants and points of interest worth visiting in the area.