“Great way to learn about the city”

Charleston Sole Walking Tours
Ranked #14 of 224 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, my name is Brian Simms and I am a 10th generation Charlestonian. Our All About Charleston tour features the history, culture and architecture of the area. We will stroll the streets and alleyways of the "Holy City" while sharing stories along the way, covering overall Charleston history, the people who built this city and its trials and tribulations. There is a rich history and culture I would like to share and look forward to showing you the sights of our area, creating an experience you will remember for years to come!
Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great way to learn about the city”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a good tour if you would like to learn about the history and culture of Charleston. Brian was a great guide and was extremely knowledgable. It was a 2 hour plus tour so wear comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of walking! It was a great way to see the city on foot and Charleston is such a beautiful city with its colorful houses and cobblestone streets. Brian is pretty much a walking encyclopedia of Charleston history and he is extremely personable. I would recommend booking with him.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Entertaining & Enlightening”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Tour operator Brian brought his unique insights & perspective as a native of Charleston to this 2 + hr. walking tour of this beautiful & historic city. Brian was well informed, & up to date. The tour went beyond its' scheduled time, & was well worth doing.
dstrash

Appleton, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Take THIS Walking Tour!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Thank you Brian for making our first introduction to Charleston a wonderful, enjoyable and learning experience. Brian knows Charleston, and tailors his tours based on who is in the tour group. Brian didn't rush us through just to get on to the next tour, as you sometimes see with tour operators. He took time to get to know us, and he clearly gives tours because he loves history and his city. I toured Charleston with my mom, but I will be back for another Sole Walking Tour when my husband and I come back. As a bonus, on Saturday nights, Brian spends an hour on the rooftop terrace of the Harbourview Inn giving a rooftop tour of Charleston. As my mom and I were staying at the Harbourview, we were able to enjoy more of his stories about Charleston.

Morrisville, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worth doing!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Supposed to be a two hour but we went past so you definitely get your monies worth. Brian is very knowledgeable and interesting. Very friendly. Easy walking pace. Gives good ideas for meals and other places to visit. Historical info plus relevent bits on current events. Would not hesitate to do it again.

Bettedorf
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and Educational”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This walking tour was one of the highlights of our stay in Charleston in April, 2013. Brian was a terrific tour guide and we learned alot about the city. One thing about Brian is that he seems to be constantly learning and is able to pass that enthusiasm to people on his tour. While the tour was scheduled to last approximately 2 hours, by the time we got all of our questions answered he had spent almost 3 hours with us. If you want to learn about Charleston, this is the right tour for you!

Visited April 2013