“Very good tour!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charleston Sole Walking Tours

Charleston Sole Walking Tours
Ranked #15 of 219 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, my name is Brian Simms and I am a 10th generation Charlestonian. Our All About Charleston tour features the history, culture and architecture of the area. We will stroll the streets and alleyways of the "Holy City" while sharing stories along the way, covering overall Charleston history, the people who built this city and its trials and tribulations. There is a rich history and culture I would like to share and look forward to showing you the sights of our area, creating an experience you will remember for years to come!
Clemson, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good tour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently traveled to Charleston with a group of international students and found Brian's tour to be wonderful! As a native South Carolinian, I have traveled to Charleston many times and know the city well, but even I learned information that I did not know before!

When I plan trips for visitors in the future I will definitely contact Brian!

1 Thank Meredith W

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved the tour with Brian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

On past visits to Charleston, I have done the carriage and culinary walking tours...hands down the tour with Brian was the best! He knows his Charleston (and Southern history) inside and out - he made the tour fun and informative. I loved his casual demeanor - we never felt rushed during the tour and he took the time to make sure he answered all questions we had. I recommend this tour to anyone visiting Charleston for the first time --- or even the hundredth time!

1 Thank Nicky P
Delhi, Louisiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour with a great guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We visited Charleston with some friends who had never been before. We had done the carriage tours several times, so decided to try something new. Wow! What a great tour guide! Brian ended up spending almost 3 hours with us and tried to incorporate our individual interests in with his talk. Speaking of talk, Brian never ran out of things to tell us about & was always ready to entertain questions. I highly recommend this tour!

Lutz, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very Informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

After meeting Brian we learned that we would be having a private tour this day! Brian seemed to know just about everything about Charleston. He commented as we walked as we learned so much about Charleston and it's historic buildings. Can't say enough about the three hours we spend together. Would highly recommend Brian and Charleston Sole to anyone considering visiting Charleston.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“I was a Tour Guide so I am picky! Brian is as good as it gets!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Let me just say that I was a NYC tour guide. I currently travel for a living and review everything from tours to restaurants. Brian is well informed, a sweet presence, and you can tell he truly enjoys what he does. He could charge twice as much for as excellent of a job as he does.
I booked last minute and he accommodated me. I was so lucky and it made my day. Being from the DC area as well I know the history research that goes into being a great tour guide. Brian has done his research and continues to learn new and interesting stories and facts! Seriously Brian Simms is the way to go for an awesome tour of Charleston.

1 Thank finallymercedes