“Great experience”

Charleston Sole Walking Tours
Ranked #14 of 235 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, my name is Brian Simms and I am a 10th generation Charlestonian. Our All About Charleston tour features the history, culture and architecture of the area. We will stroll the streets and alleyways of the "Holy City" while sharing stories along the way, covering overall Charleston history, the people who built this city and its trials and tribulations. There is a rich history and culture I would like to share and look forward to showing you the sights of our area, creating an experience you will remember for years to come!
Reviewed February 28, 2013

What a great afternoon. Brian did a wonderful job of introducing us to the history and architecture of Charleston. He knows his history and presents it in a personable and fun way. A definite must if you are coming to Charleston

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had purchased a Groupon for a different walking tour that ended up being closed during our visit...BUMMER! Since we had just one day left in town, my husband and I checked out tours on tripadvisor for some help. Charleston Sole and it's owner/tour guide Brian kept coming up, so we decided that was the direction for us. We hopped over to his website and discovered that our only available day was the only day he was not running a tour! In desperation I sent him a quick email asking if there was any chance that his schedule might change. He called my cell phone within five minutes, and said that he would be happy to rearrange his personal schedule to accommodate ours! We met him the next morning, and our scheduled two hour tour was nearly three hours! Even though he was struggling with a cold, even though it was bitterly windy and damp, even though it was a tiny group, Brian gave us an encyclopedia of Charleston history and some strange odd tidbits along the way. It was a wonderful cap to our long weekend, and we were very grateful that he made room for us in his calendar. Be sure to book with Brian! You won't regret it!

1  Thank cerwinfam
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful walking tour on Sunday. What a great way to learn more about Charleston! We originally had plans for a Saturday tour, but due to the rain Brian was kind enough to reschedule for Sunday morning. He doesn't even normaly due Sunday tours. He really knows his history and has done alot of work researching the city. I would highly recommend Brian's walking tour as a way to see Charleston's highlights!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We met Brian in the morning for a two hour walk tour. We described where we had already visited and he asked us what we would like see. We had an individualized tour based on our interests. The tour was great, Brian knows the ins and outs of the city. Walking around with Brian is like a walk through history. He is extremely versed in all things Charleston. He goes to the library and reads the actual newspapers from the 1700 and 1800's only to share with those who tour with him. Don't miss this experience, Brian is the sole of Charleston.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

A friend recommended we take this walking tour with Brian. He was so full of information about Charleston and all the important people who lived here. The tour is fast paced and before you know it, two hours have flown by. I strongly recommend this tour if you want to learn about Charleston.