“Long wait but Great Service!”
Review of Early Bird Diner

Early Bird Diner
Ranked #35 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Breakfast All Day, Lunch + Diner, Open Til 4am Fri + Sat, Locally Owned, Everything Made From Scratch - Biscuits, Ice Cream, Pancakes + Pasta
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I gave this place a try before hitting the road after enjoying a beautiful weekend in Charleston. I must say, the wait was 45 minutes but the service made it totally worth it. The staff is very nice and the food is good. I believe the prices and the excellent reviews definitely puts this place on the radar for visitors. The portions are more than enough and the food does not disappoint. Worth trying at least once.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My family remembered seeing this diner on DDD and thought it would be awesome stopping in for lunch. The chicken and waffles were as good as we thought they would be. The menu had plenty to choose from.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had chicken and waffles--a new experience. Very good. Chicken was juicy and lightly hand breaded, huge portions and served with a plate of homegrown tomatoes. Wonderful meal..

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My and daughter and I had wanted to eat here because we had seen it on Diners, Drivins, and Dives. The parking is at a premium, which is really the only negative. We were there on a late morning 7/14 and the place was packed. Our hostess got us settled with drinks as we took in the menu. My wife ended up getting the breakfast burger which looked like a 1/3 lb burger, cooked to order, with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon on Texas toast, and home fries. My daughter had the chicken and waffles, which turned out to be 2 large cinnamon waffles with 2 lightly encrusted boneless chicken breasts. I had the shrimp and grits with tomato/bacon gravy. All the portions were huge and the food excellent. The prices were fantastic for what you got also. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This place has homestyle breakfast. Good portions. Delicious but affordable. A nice hidden gem in the charming city!

1  Thank Live_Love_Life_Trips