“If it's good enough for Guy, it's good enough for us”
Review of Early Bird Diner

Early Bird Diner
Ranked #23 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Breakfast All Day, Lunch + Diner, Open Til 4am Fri + Sat, Locally Owned, Everything Made From Scratch - Biscuits, Ice Cream, Pancakes + Pasta
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had meatloaf and butter beans and they were great. My husband loved the shrimp and grits. The pancakes are AWESOME.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Ok, I get it...eclectic, old-time diner feel, etc. But please take some more time to clean it! Tables and floors were sticky, there's a wall with shelves that has lots of old paperback books, old board games, and hundreds of old National Geographics that's just covered in dust and messy. I get it, it adds to the eclectic feel...but this is an eating establishment first and it would've been nice to see that they keep up on the dusting/cleaning. Restrooms not very clean and the lock on the women's room was broken so I had to be the bouncer for my wife while she went. I always say, " if the restrooms aren't clean and that's what customers can see, what does the kitchen look like?"

I gave it 3 stars and not less because the food was very good and certainly reasonably priced, just tough to get over the lack of cleanliness. If that kind of thing doesn't bother you and you're looking for a spot with tasty food and reasonable prices, then by all means go for it.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

There always seems to be a long line during the day but at night we got in right away. Good local place and open late. Friendly staff, walls are adorned with local artwork, great desert menu. The grilled cheese and fried okra are excellent.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a great diner. They have a 20 minute wait for a reason. Me and my wife went here for breakfast I had the andouille sausage omelet with potatoes with whole wheat toast, and my wife had the chicken and waffles. We each gave each other half of what was on our plates. All were excellent. The potatoes were seasoned perfectly, and my omelet was delicious and flavorful. I had concerns that the chicken and waffles were going to be less than good because the chicken were 2 boneless chicken breast instead of chicken with bones, but i couldn't have been more wrong, because the chicken was INCREDIBLE- 2 huge fried boneless breasts- some of the best tasting chicken Ive had in a while!!!

Our waitress was very good also.

This is one of the best breakfasts Ive had in a loooong time. Ive only been here once, but in my opinion, If you dont come here for breakfast on your trip to charleston, your losing out.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is our default diner. It's halfway between work and home, the food is wonderful so it's where we just show up. Our favorites are the shrimp, scallops, and grits, the pork chop,and the meatloaf.
I do have a question. Why do they put those 'biscuits' on the plate? They have no flavor, are usually undercooked, and add nothing to the meal. Friday night the one on my wife's plate was not the least bit brown...no tint...just a lump of off white wheat.

1  Thank Winton S