Tripadvisor
Charleston
1,394 results
All reviews picnic basket breakfast basket full kitchen king street washer dryer rooftop restaurant wine and cheese boutique hotel each morning exposed brick cookies bedroom suite the general manager breakfast delivered living area home away from home favorite hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I've been using The Restoration for our annual meetings the past three years, and I love this spot! The hotel itself is unique, beautiful, spotless and has a great location. I am a meeting planner for a few different teams, and I always worry about what type of experience the teams will have at the hotel - The Restoration's staff is so friendly and helpful - and I've never had a single complaint! Staff was also flexible when we had changes (lunch times, room requests, etc.). I'd highly recommend this location for business or personal.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cnightengale, General Manager at The Restoration Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Dear cpedriani,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Restoration. We are thrilled to hear you and your group enjoyed your repeat team meeting. We love showcasing The Restoration for more than leisure travel and look forward to creating more memories together upon your next trip to Charleston.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

Te staff was impeccably attentive, friendly and helpful. The hotel was beautifully decorated and located walking distance to shops and restaurants as well as other historic sights. the room was spacious and luxurious!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cnightengale, General Manager at The Restoration Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Dear Explore632550,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Restoration, and for telling other travelers what you loved most about your experience. I am most happy your praises on our team. We strive to provide our guests with true southern hospitality and I am thrilled that resonated with you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holy City in the very near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

We picked this hotel for a girls weekend. Our beautiful 2 bedroom room was perfect for everyone! The room was really clean and the service was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly! The location is great, right off of King Street next to shopping and great restaurants. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here again!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Karrahsedney,
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are thrilled to hear you joined us for such a special trip with your girlfriends. I am sure the Luxury 2 Bedroom Residence was perfect for a weekend full of laughs, lounging and memories made. I look forward to passing along your praises to our team. We truly appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back to The Restoration.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

We were there for a small family gathering for Christmas. Our suite was perfect for getting together before dinner and for a Christmas Eve party. There was plenty of room for a tree! The staff was very friendly and efficient and the location was great. It was a good value too.

Room tip: Fix the ice machine in the refrigerator. It never worked but the hotel sent up a large bag of ice that lasted our entire stay.
Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear lfinkelnburg,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Restoration, and for joining us during the Holidays. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our over-sized suites, big enough for a family gathering. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holy City upon your next trip to Charleston.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2020

We love Charleston and always visiting. This was our first time at the residences. It’s a beautiful place and felt like our own apt in the city. We can’t wait to come back. The bed wasn’t that comfortable. That is the only thing. It wouldn’t prevent us from coming back, but you’ve got to have high quality mattress in such a stunning property. Everything else was so cozy and comfy. It was so quiet and so private. Loved the location.

Room tip: Please upgrade the mattress. The residence was so fabulous, but the bed was so uncomfortable.
Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 99heidib,
Thank you for your 5 star review. I appreciate your transparency regarding our mattress. We agree, a luxurious nights rest is a must for us too! I would love to connect and gain more information on your stay so we can look into this. I look forward to hearing from you, I can be reached at cnightengale@therestorationhotel.com or via phone at 843.518.5100.