The Restoration
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$199
$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
Orbitz.com
1,089 results
All reviewspicnic basketfull kitchenbreakfast basketking streetwine and cheeseeach morningboutique hotelloft styleexposed brickcookieswasher and dryerstudio suiterooftop restaurantthe general managerbreakfast deliveredliving areahardwood floors
Reviewed August 5, 2011

When we first arrived and saw the exterior of the hotel on Wentworth St (a narrow, almost alley-like street just off King St) I was a little apprehensive. However, as soon as I walked in the door my impressions changed completely. The lobby offers a great preview of what the rooms would be like with an urban-chic-meets-rustic-history sort of look that blends to fascinate the eye. The staff was equally friendly and warm.

Heading to the room, you follow fairly narrow halls with tall ceilings and a Charleston warmth. The elevator is a little on the small side, but quite adequate. Our suite was a 2 bedroom on the third floor at the corner of the building. This hotel was originally to be condos, but was converted to hotel when the condos didn't sell. Our room was to be a $1.6M condo, and you could tell! We all said the same thing when we walked into the hotel..."WOW!" Our inclination was to just stay in the room and enjoy it.

I won't spoil it for you, but if you want a wonderful place to stay in Charleston, located in a prime area, then don't pass this beauty up. You

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rusty G
HLetts, General Manager at The Restoration, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank You for your kind review of The Restoration on King. Yes, we are "tucked" away on Weontworth Street in the heart of Historic Charleston. And soon, after recieving all of Chrleston's Historic Review Boards approvals, we will be ading a awning to the front of the Hotel Lobby to help all of our guests find us as they turn off of King Street down Wentworth Street. I am so glad you enjoyed our wonderful interior designs and can only thank our very talented Interior Designer and all of her passion and vision as we converted our 15 Luxury Condominiums into what is today The Restoration on King ("The RoK"). We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again on your next visit to Charleston, SC.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We loved the Restoration! We stayed for 4 nights for a girls weekend, 4 of us in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was just like the photos on the website...beautiful and huge. We got suite 205 which is the one just over the Lucky store. We loved having the livingroom windows on King street as it was a lot of fun to people watch! As some other commenters have noted, one of the only cons is the noise...being right over the Lucky store, you can hear the thump of the music all day. This didn't really bother us because we normally were out and about before the store opened and didn't come back until after it had closed other than for about 1 hour to rest and change before dinner...but if you plan to be in your room a lot or if they ever do plan to sell them as condos it would be a pretty major issue. Noise in general was something we noticed, you can hear people walking on the wood floors above you and in the master bedroom which is right by the door to the hallway you can hear people in the hallway coming and going which woke us up several times (we had a noisy bachlorette party staying down the hall). The fact that everything else was so nice and the service was so good really overcame the noise issue for me but if you are super sensitive it could be a problem. The service was wonderful from the moment we got there. Mark and Victoria were helpful, friendly and increbily nice. We loved the continental breakfast in the picnic basket and we stopped for wine and cheese practically every night before dinner. The cookies and milk were in the lobby when we got back but we ate at such great restaurants (Fig was our abosolute favorite) so we were always too stuffed to partake. The Restoration is a wonderful place to stay and we would certainly go back!

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to noise ask not to be located above the Lucky Store.
1  Thank LoveToTravel5303

Thank You for your kind review of The Restoration on King. I am so glad you enjoyed one of our 4 Luxury Two Bedroom Suites and one of only 2 which offer such extensive views of both King Street and Wentworth Street. With the help of our very talented Interior deisgner the hotel has begun to install new runners down some of our Gust Suite hardwood floor hallways with the first phase already completed and the 2nd phase expected to be completed in September. The Restoration on King offers 6 different hrdwood floors with about 60% of them being original and restored with the oldest of them being one of our Two Bedroom Suites with old notty pine floors. I am sorry is any of the noise from the Lucky Brand Jeans store interrupted any part of your stay. We continue to work with the management team of the Luckly Brand Jeans store and they continue to monitor the noise level of the music in their store as we all strive to give our guests a special experience. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again on your next visit to Charleston, SC.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

This place was amazing! I just returned from a girls weekend and can't wait to go back. Not only are the rooms beautiful, the service is the best I've had.
We pulled up to be greeted by Mark, who unloaded our entire SUV full of stuff to our room in the 100 degree weather. We walk into a big and beautiful apartment style hotel room with a huge plush king bed, very modern bathroom and immaculate kitchen with top of the line appliances. Everything was so clean and nice...it felt like we were right at home. They delivered candies to our room and offered turn down service. They ordered pizza for us and delivered it to our room once we returned from the bars. Breakfast came in a nice little picnic basket with all the pastries you could ask for. On Saturday we went to the beach and had to put all the sandy beach chairs in my car...Mark washed them all off for me and put them back in my car!
I come to Charleston once a year or so and this place by far is the best I have found. It's perfect for couples, girls weekends or even families. Great location and great views of King St. I will definitely be staying here again. Thank you to the wonderful staff for making our stay so pleasant!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I am convinced...this place is heaven!!!! Just returned from a bachelorette weekend...we knew we were in for a treat from the moment we pulled up! Mark was out there to greet us before we had even opened the car doors. Between 6 of us we had a ridiculous amount of luggage...Mark was nice and cheerful and genuinely seemed happy to be helping us! Went up to the rooms...AMAZING...gorgeous loft style condos with views of King Street! Spacious kitchen and living room area, gorgeous bathroom, huge walk in closet, super comfy king bed and even a washer and dryer!! I was pleasantly surprised to discover that included in our stay was complimentary breakfast every morning...delivered in a basket by the sweetest woman ever...Selene we love you! She even offered to set up the "picnic" for us! One morning we were uhh...struggling...she tried to deliver our breakfast and we slept through it...she called a couple of hours later and offered to bring it up again! Night Eric was kind enough to order us pizza in the wee hours...and deliver it to the room! Day Eric was extremely helpful upon checkout and was super patient with our large group of tired travelers...he is so funny too! He genuinely seemed happy that we had chosen their hotel for our stay and that everyone had taken such great care of us. After years of bachelorette parties I've come to expect the eye rolling, the smirks, and the attitutes that normally come with the hotel stay. I have probably never been treated as amazing and welcomed in any hotel (bachelorette or otherwise) as I was this past weekend at Restoration!!! I have absolutely not one complaint and I will definitely stay here every time I go to Charleston! Any other option would be cheating yourself.

1  Thank mjamil
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The Restoration on King is by far the #1 hotel to stay at in Charleston. Before I left, I was already planning my next stay in the hotel. (Maybe because I love to shop and the hotel is conveniently located on King Street near all the retail stores.)
It was originally meant to be condos, but when the units didn't sell, they converted the building to a hotel. The rooms are spacious (full kitchen with top of the line appliances, comfortable living room with large amount of seating, and bedroom with king size bed). The bathroom was fabulous - large glass enclosed, tile shower. The bedroom had a huge, king size bed that felt like you were sleeping on a cloud. And there were so many little extras that made it feel like home away from home - in room washer/dryer, iPod docking station in the bedroom and living room, full length mirror, flat screen TVs, walk in closet, and his and hers bathrobes.
The service at the hotel was impeccable. Valet parking, complimentary breakfast brought to your room each morning in a picnic basket, wine and cheese hour, and cookies and milk served until 9pm. They even ordered late night pizza for us and delivered it to our room at 3am.
HUGE thank you to Mark, Selena, Howard, and Eric for making this our best stay ever in Charleston. You guys are awesome and I will definitely be back!!