“I have been to WOK 3 times. The first...”
Review of World Oriental Kitchen - WOK - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
World Oriental Kitchen - WOK
Cuisines: Asian
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
“I have been to WOK 3 times. The first...”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I have been to WOK 3 times. The first time, they were out of sweet corn for the bowls. 2nd time, they were out of beef. This 3rd time, they switched the type of rice noodles they use and its nasty. They were mushy. I also asked for mushrooms in my bowl and only got HALF of ONE mushroom. Also, they completely left out the chestnuts. So I paid $1.50 for half a mushroom and another $1.50 for the absent chestnuts. The sushi is ok but surely isn't great. I love the concept but the way its been executed is a major fail. Also, the wait staff are kind of spacey. They for sure need some training. I think things would improve if they could be consistent, but until then, I do not recommend this restaurant.

Charleston, SC
“How are they still in business?”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Tried WOK 3 times because I like the concept and think it has potential. Unfortunately, they cannot execute. Food is inconsistent and subpar at best. They must intentionally turn off their phone during dinner service because it always rings and gives a "busy" recording. Poor service and overpriced. Try another spot for lunch/dinner. There are plenty of choices in Charleston.

Charleston, SC
“Wanted to like this restaurant so much...”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Food was okay...there were 5 of us at the table and while we all ate our meals, we all agreed that it was pretty average in terms of food. The service, however, absolutely killed our experience. Very sweet gal server whom was friendly but with only 4 other tables of folks while we were there she had an incredibly difficult time being prompt with every request. After getting the menus and being greeted, we waited over 10 min. and then went to ask if we could order our drinks. She took the order and it was another 10-15 min. before she brought them to us..and mind you we wanted wine, beer, and saki. It should not have taken that long. Then another wait before we order and on and on and on. We were there for over 2 hours. Bless their hearts, but I have NO desire to try them again.

charleston
“World Oriental Kitchen on King Street- LOVE IT!”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Sustainable foods meets charleston! Our entire experience at WOK was excellent. Best quality sushi in Charleston by far and a staff to match. Beef tataki, Sashimi platter, and some delicious chef special rolls- all to die for! Not to mention it is a GREEN restaurant, and all of the cool things they are doing to help the environment- this is a winner, I will be back often!

Charleston SC
“Just say no”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Terrible overpriced bowl of rice with microscopic bits of meat and vegetables (they were out of half of the selections), plus surly service and no liquor licenses on Sundays. I would never try it again.