“Excellent drinks, perfect setting.”

East Bay Meeting House Bar & Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
East Bay Meeting House Bar & Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: European, French, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I went here with my sister, the atomsphere was very laid back and the service was excellent. Open doors so you have a great view of east bay street to people watch and see carriages go by. The drinks were great and the best chocolate cake I have ever had. This is one of my favorite places in Charleston. I would recommend this cafe to my friends and family.

1  Thank kik3333

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We came across this as we were very hungry and after looking at reviews for some other places in the area decided to give this a try. The server was very laid back and friendy. Its not a quick place to grab a bite, they took some time but nothing excessive. The food was decent and not too expensive and the atmosphere was quite relaxing. I feel the best part of it was the server, she was very laid back and polite yet friendly (sort of tough to describe). We went mid-afternoon so it was not peak hours and it was not very crowded.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were tired, thirst and hungry, but we should have given this place a miss. They are pretending to be a cool coffee shop with no substance. They served us sandwiches on very stale bread, and they even toasted it to cover it up....we did not even ask for toasted sandwiches. I noticed that the people at the next table, who were later arrivals, had the same sandwiches on untoasted bread. I guess they decided to break open some newer packages? This kind of nickel and diming drives me crazy, especially when the prices are four star!!!!!!
We are in town for 4 more days, and will not be going back.

2  Thank lizzyloopy59
Reviewed April 2, 2014

East Bay Meeting House is a true gem! The food is delicious and the full service bar offers everything you could want. Staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and keep us coming back time and again. Come. Sit. Enjoy! You will be so glad you did!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great little coffee house or place to meet for a drink. However, the food choices were not meant for a full dinner. Our server took the order for half the table and didn't come back until time to deliver the food. Frustrating experience.

1  Thank Joy R