“Good place for lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tasty Thai & Sushi
Ranked #250 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Charleston's Finest Thai restaurant offers the many of the best dishes from Thailand as well as award winning sushi. Tasty Thai and Sushi located in the heart of Downtown Charleston is a full service restaurant and bar. Our restaurant is available for special events or parties and is very family friendly. We offer delivery as well through our website at Tasty Thai and Sushi or through QuickFoxes
Durham
“Good place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped here for lunch. Our server was Stephanie. Even though they don't have a gluten free menu, she spoke with the kitchen and they made a GF pad thai especially for me. My boyfriend also got the usual pad thai. His was obviously different, and he enjoyed it. Mine was a tad too sweet, but i assume that is from the lack of salty soy sauce to balance it out. Perhaps they could add fish sauce next time? Over all we had a good meal and I appreciated Stephanie going out of her way to accommodate me.

2 Thank Brianne C

“Food was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The food was great. Loved the stuffed shrimp roll!!!!! Will eat there again. Waiter wasn't that pleasant though. Overall great Thai food.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank bmwdivasc
New Richmond, OH
“Had to go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

One of my 13 year old son's favorite foods iOS sushi so he insisted during our trip to Folly Beach that we try sushi. We settled on Tasty. The menu was very interesting.

The first time there I had the Pad Thai and it was OK. I went for the highest spice level they offered and found it to be on the decidedly unspicy side. My son enjoyed the spicy tuna and eel rolls that he had on that visit. A couple of rolls on the menu intrigued me, but I had Pad Thai on my mind, should have done the sushi rolls.

I went back solo the next day at lunch and had the "Don't you Dare" roll. Outstanding with fried oysters, spicy tuna and a jalapeno sauce giving it an excellent spice level. I also had the "Thai Fire Roll" which was also very spicy. Albacore, jalapeños and srirachi sauce over a roll with spicy tuna, cucumber and tempura flakes. These unique rolls more than made up for the mediocre Pad Thai. I took a piece of each back to my sons and they enjoyed them as well.

2 Thank Wuesterbunny
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Cool twist on standard sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great atmosphere, interesting menu made it hard to decide. You can go safe with standard thai or sushi, or try something different. I chose some interesting rolls with mango and some weird sauce and glad I did

2 Thank Kristine V
Fyffe, Alabama
“Pretty good but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were presented with a lunch/dinner menu. I asked if I could order the lunch portion which would have been $5 cheaper. The waitress said, "No." So, at the end of my meal I had to throw away about half of my food because I had no way to keep and reheat it to eat it later. My son said that his food was good. My food was alright; I just felt bad because I wasted food and money. Also, I have had excellent Thai food in Nashville, and this did not compare to it.

• Visited May 2013