“Tasty Lunch”

Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 911 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Cumblerland
Transit: Public Transit (bus) stop is located directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar opened in 2009, reviving the former Amen name of Cumberland Street and restoring this historic corner. The new renovation stays true to the beauty of the original 1800's architecture while creating a comfortable atmosphere for contemporary life. Located at 205 East Bay Street in the heart of the historic district this Charleston seafood restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining all within walking distance of the local Market and the Charleston Harbor. The menu includes a variety of seafood dishes such as oysters, clams and shrimp in addition to an ever growing raw bar menu. Amen Street supports Charleston's local fishing industry with market fresh fish. We are open for lunch and dinner. Walk-ins are welcome and reservations are accepted as well.
Waxahachie, Texas
“Tasty Lunch”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Enjoyed oysters on the half, mussels and fried green tomatoes at this modern tastefully decorated newer establishment. Fun place with pleasant service on E Bay Street. Loved the decor and food was good. Try it for lunch!

• Visited July 2013

Panama City, Florida
“What is the chef thinking?”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sorry, but the Chef must be 'tetched'. Awful spice in the crab cakes, and she-crab soup. I couldn't taste the crab at all. YUCK

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Becky0103
Canton, Georgia
“Enjoyed a nice lunch at Amen”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I really enjoyed my shrimp po'boy at Amen. I ordered asparagus and they brought potatoes. The waiter noticed immediately and got the asparagus even though I was fine with the potatoes. He was attentive and friendly. We also tried the hushpuppies as an appetizer and they were good too, although I have never seen hushpuppies served with honey. Friends had the fish tacos and also said they were good. I would go back and order the same meal!

• Visited July 2013
South Hills, Pennsylvania
“Overall, a good lunch.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The ambiance of the Amen Street Fish and Raw Bar was pleasant. It has a nice, modern vibe. On the walls are maps of old Charleston- and property boundaries (who owned what, etc.) They were fun to look at.

Located in Wraggboro, along East Bay Street, you are close to many historic sites and museums.

I had the “Chicken Fried” Flounder and I added Asparagrus to my lunch. It was very tasty, and the portion size was acceptable.

My husband had the salmon. The portion on his salmon was measly, and thus disappointing. (He had about 1/4 of what I had been served, on top of a small scoop of rice with a clasp of julienne veggies-- with the cost at $15.) Too much money for the portion given, in our opinion.

My son had the kids cheeseburger and that was tasty.

Overall, we enjoyed the restaurant, we just thought the portion of the one dish should have been better allocated in proportion with their prices.

• Visited May 2013
Riverview, Florida
“Service needs improvement”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were seated with an obvious new waiter that we had to ask for water three times! He was totally unfamiliar with the wine or beer list and couldn't explain the craft wines they were promoting. And, he argued with us about the check! On another note, the oysters were fabulous and we enjoyed our meals in spite of the poor service.

Visited July 2013