All reviews front desk indoor pool choice hotels downtown charleston make a u turn the breakfast area short drive folly beach business center yogurt sitting area would stay here again historic district beds were comfortable hot breakfast nice stay king suite
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

Not impressed with the front desk. No warm welcome. We were about 20 min early for check-in and staff simply said "room not ready". Asked if our room would be ready by 3pm (advertised check-in time) and she said "Hope so". Ummmm okay. We decided to drive around and visited the Angel Oak so we didn't get back until closer to 4. Waited a couple of minutes at desk behind one patron until free front desk agent looked up and made eye contact with me. No hello or acknowledgement. Another minute goes by and she says "can I help you?" Like I'm taking up her time. Oh and before all this, we passed hotel and called for directions. Whomever answered phone said "turn around and you'll see us on left". Even though she wasn't much help, I tried to say thank you but was hung up on!

Our hotel room was spacious and plenty of room for our family of four. Room was clean. Not sure when the hotel became smoke free but our room smelled like old cigarette smoke. Fairly strong but we were there only one night and just needed a place to sleep since we were sightseeing most of the time, decided not to complain for another room. Decent indoor pool and fitness room. Didn't have an issue with parking but the lot is small. We didn't try the free breakfast. Best part is the price for the proximity to downtown Charleston. About 15 min drive.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank AM4445
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

I am so sorry that your stay was not up to standards. I am going to speak with all of our front desk staff about this. We are here to serve you and this was very much uncalled for.
I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you. Again, please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed July 29, 2016

This was a quick trip to Charleston for us and the Comfort Inn made our trip even better. We had an Easy no hassle check in. Staff was wonderful. Beds were very comfortable and the hotel was quiet. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

About 10 minutes from Charleston harbor area. Room had a small sitting are with couch, table & chair before the beds. We found a bottle cap under a chair. There was no vent in bathroom. The beds & pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast is provided but it is the basic items. The indoor pool looked small and uninviting.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2016

After our bed bug incident (see my review of Guesthouse Inn,Clarksville,TN) we decided it would be better to spend more money to avoid an episode like that.We were very happy with the comfort suites. We had a nice room with a portioned living area with a couch and two chairs, and the bathroom was large. It helps when you are traveling and getting by out of luggage that you have some space. We were there for two nights and the hotel breakfast was good as well.We would certainly look for another Comfort Suites when we are traveling again.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

My wife stayed there on a regular basis a few years back when she was traveling for her job. When I would visit her I thought the hotel was rather nice.
Fast forward to last night and the hotel is beginning to show some wear.
While the room was nice, it's the lack of attention to detail that hurts the rating. The lamp shade was without a screw on the top, allowing it to flop all over the place. The shower didn't drain properly and the carpet was quite dusty under the ac unit.
Parking has always been a problem at this location and it still is. Once all the spots fill up the lot becomes a free for all for drivers looking to park their vehicle.
Breakfast was not good at all. It was very crowded in the small area that housed the food. The eggs and meats were cold and the one person trying to keep up with everything was overwhelmed.
All in all, it's still one of the better hotels in the area. With newer hotels into the area, they will have to step up their game to stay competitive.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple