“Nice hotel”

Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
Ranked #33 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a very large quiet room Never heard another guest so we assumed to hotel was not too full. Two queen beds were comfortable as was the sitting area. The drive to downtown as only 10 minutes. The staff was helpful and very friendly. We would stay her again.

Te reason I did not score this hotel excellent was the breakfast. The danish and bagels were really stale. We ate at 7 a.m. so the food did not get stale because it was sitting out. It had to be put out stale.

I mentioned thinking the hotel was not too full earlier. Actually the hotel was quite full as I saw when I got back from dropping my husband off- the breakfast area was overly full with overflow seating in a nearby meeting room. I was going to check to see if the bagels were fresher but it was too crowded. The rooms were very quiet considering the crowd!

Room Tip: 204 was quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Betty R

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by Charlene - very nice personality
and friendly - made us feel comfortable.
Hotel is clean and close to downtown Charleston.
No issues with this hotel to complain about except parking can be tight when church conventions happen.

Room Tip: Top floors are good
1  Thank huelin44
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind words concerning one of our employees, Charlene. I will relay your compliments to her. Look forward to possibly seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Fairly new hotel- carpet and furniture didn't look worn. Room was large, well furnished. Comfortable bed. Negatives were stains and repaired tears on bed cover and missing maid service. Everything clean when we checked in, but the room wasn't made up during our 2 night stay (maid came once early while we were in room, told her we would be out in 30 min. Returned 8 hours later to an untouched room.) Desk staff friendly enough. Breakfast basic chain hotel fare.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know about your room . I want you to know that this is not an everyday occurance and is being handled with our housekeeping department.. As you can see by our many reviews is that this is an unusual situation and hope you will join us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Charlene at the front desk was the cherry on top of a great stay. She greeted us very politely and was pleasant our entire visit. The suite was very tidy and good-smelling when we arrived; the housekeepers maintained the same aesthetics which was apparent when we got back to our rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Comfort Suites West of the Ashley (River) is a beautiful, relatively new hotel. Friendly staff late night and in the morning. Good breakfast, tables available outdoors. The only problem is the lack of parking. I arrived on a Saturday night and the last 15 cars had to "invent" a parking space. I'm glad the fire marshall didn't see where I parked.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DavidFelix
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very nice hotel! The rooms were clean and very spacious. The beds were so comfortable!! Breakfast was great! Staff was great. Location very nice! Not right in the middle of all the rush, but close enough! Plenty of restaurants/stores near by. The only thing I did not love is that I wish it had a outdoor pool and a hot tub!! The indoor pool was fine, but very hot in there. (Would be great for when staying in the colder months).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here three nights in mid September, 2012. Wow. The lobby and breakfast bar were beautiful and CLEAN. Our room was the best Comfort Suites I have ever stayed in. Very clean and nicely decorated. I'm picky and expect a hotel room to be at least as clean as my home...I'm paying for a clean room, right? The price was VERY reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. This hotel had a laundry room that we used, it was also clean. The front desk staff was so friendly...thank you Kim and Cynthia!
The ONLY (and I mean ONLY) down side was the pool was tiny and no deeper than 5 feet so we couldn't swim laps for exercise. I was suprised by that, because the hotel was so large.
If you are considering a trip to Charleston, this is the hotel you should stay in! It is only a short drive to the historic district. We took a cab and it was less than $15.

Room Tip: Stayed in a King room.