“A must when you visit Charleston and want Pizza.”

Pizzeria Di Giovanni
Ranked #188 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Chesapeake, Virginia
“A must when you visit Charleston and want Pizza.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We wanted a quick and easy meal after sightseeing in Charleston for several hours. My son recommended this place and we weren't disappointed. Great pizza. We even had a Brooklyn, NY guy in our group who gave it a thumbs up. Very friendly place with delicious pizza. We had half cheese and pepperoni. We had the next to the largest and it fed 6 people, 3 men. Will definitely return!

Visited April 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Alex is the man”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of my favorite pizza places in Charleston. If you happen to be on the Market at night, stop in and see Alex.

Pineapple, feta, and sausage is the way to go. If you like hot sauce, ask about the one's behind the counter. Ghost chilis are only the beginning.

Visited October 2012
Charleston, SC
“On the Market and need some NY style pizza?”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Simple and by the slice, late night or during the day. I'm not going to lie, its not the best pizza in town but its cheep and its good enough. Bar closing? Grab a slice. Middle of the day and you're hungry? Grab a slice. Di Gio is there.

• Visited January 2013
Shawnee, Kansas
“Cheap and not bad”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a New York Style pizza place. There is nothing fancy about it. The pizza was ok although I must say it is on the line of Sbarro. Don't expect much and the price will match your expectations.

Visited December 2012
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Best Pizza found in the South!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am use to pizza in New Jersey and New York. It is very hard to find a bad pizza up there. In the south it is in reverse... it is hard to find a good pizza. Until I stumbled across this place. This pizza reminds me of the good ol' days up north. It is by far the best pizza I have ever had in the South. Whenever I visit Charleston, I always make a stop and pick up a pizza to bring home and throw into the freezer. Reheated and its still amazing! Yum!

• Visited May 2012