“A Walk with Al”

Charleston Old Walled City Walking Tours
Ranked #57 of 221 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tour Charleston's Historic Sites with Al Ray, Charleston native and licensed guide for 35 years. Enjoy the Old Walled City Walking Tour at 10AM or the Home and Garden Walking Tour at 1:30 PM Wed-Sun. The Slavery and Freedom Tour and the Charleston Ghost Tour are offered by appointment. Call for rates to tour Charleston privately with Al on foot or with a driver any day of the week at a time convenient for your schedule. Walking Tours depart in front of 151 Meeting Street at the BB&T Bank Building. We meet on the sidewalk. Open Wednesday-Sunday, Reservations Please!
Virgil, Canada
“A Walk with Al”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Al was a fantastic guide. My wife and I were both teachers and he had us enthralled. It is so obvious he loves what he is doing and the city he is showing. The houses and the information were fantastic. Not many presenters can so easily demonstrate how strongly they feel about their topic and build such a visual scenario when simply talking about an area. Al gets an A++++ in our books.Please do not forget youe cameras!

Visited March 2014
AGRinSC, Owner at Charleston Old Walled City Walking Tours, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank You for the great review! I am absolutely flattered to get such a good grade from two teachers! Although I have never taught in the classroom, I did health care outreach for a number of years. I attended numerous seminars on conveying information to groups that you will meet only once, and I employ those strategies in my presentation. My goal is that when we part ways that you will be both entertained and edified!
Glad I accomplished that!

Central NJ
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Very Knowledgeable Guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Did the walking tour with Al- he was very passionate and knowledgeable . Tour included 2 houses- both guides were very good. Tour is well priced- ours ran long by almost 1.5 hours which made it a bit too long and somewhat repetitive! The tour will give you a good frame of reference for enjoying Charleston.

Visited November 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your tour. Sorry that we ran over so long ----that can happen when I have an enthusiastic engaged group! Come back and see me and I promise to keep it shorter next time!
Charleston, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Walking Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Al, our tour guide, was prolific in his knowledge of Charleston - history, architecture, plants etc.
He made it fun and interesting. Whenever we have guests in town, he will be the person we contact for a wonderful walking tour.

Dunnellon, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ghosting Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Mike Brown was an excellent tour guide with Old Charleston Walking Tours by sharing his expertise in the super natural experiences in Charleston. My daughter and I have been on ghosts tours throughout the US but found this one to be unique in that he told of occurrences that are supported by pictures and written accounts, not just on folklore carried on through the years. The night was gray and misty as we walked the streets....................Go and be safe.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went on this tour with my mother and two other couples. Al was great at pointing out the history of Charleston and architectural details of buildings and homes. We enjoyed Al's personality and expertise. Would definitely recommend this tour.