“MTY VISIT TO THE LANDING”

Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
Book In Advance
More Info
$62.00*
and up
Charleston Tour Pass
Ranked #22 of 192 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: A historic village recreating the life and times of America's early settlers.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I just visited Charles Towne Landing and we had a wonderful time. I would highly invite people to visit. It was my husband's first visit and I hadn't been in over 40 years.

1  Thank MELANIE R
"great place to visit"
"nice walk"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have enjoyed this historic location/attraction since I was a kid. I love the animal forest, but also enjoy just walking the trails and taking photos. I recommend it in the spring and fall especially. You will see more of the animals when the weather is cooler (mornings are the best time for viewing the animals). I love that they are in their natural habitat and not in cages. All of the grounds are beautiful. In the spring the flowers are in full bloom and the photo op is perfect. The boat replica is really interesting as well as the village. I remember back when the museum was underground, but was destroyed by Hurricane Hugo. The museum and visitors center now is wonderful. Clean restrooms and a small snack bar but I recommend you pack a lunch or use the picnic area for a cook out. Excellent local attraction for a family get together. Love this place!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This attraction got mixed reviews on trip advisor so I was a little hesitant about going, but it ended up being really nice. It was really quiet and we hardly saw anyone else there. There was a nice visitor's center with a small museum. We went to the animal area (zoo) which was nice but there really weren't too many animals to see. One or two of each variety if you could locate them, but it was a really hot day, so the animals probably wanted to rest from the heat so they were not very active. We then walked the trail with our map and it was great. We ended up by the ship in the water and there was a guide on the ship and he was great and he gave us a lot of information. We got to explore the ship. Overall, a nice place to visit. I would recommend visiting here.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

enjoyed the animal park, very peaceful place for a walk. Takea picnic and enjoy the afternoon relaxing and strolling thru the park. Lots of walking so wear comfy shoes

1  Thank theenailgirl
See more reviews
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I have made a stop at Charles Towne Landing while we were on vacation in South Carolina. On each trip, I've learned quite a bit; definately a fun place for anyone interested in history. Recently the park has undergone major renovations; there's now a great interpretative centre. My favorite aspect of the park is the Animal Forest; although many of the enclosures have been more modernized, I miss the wolves, foxes and larger enclosures for the bears and cougars, Definately worth a trip!

1  Thank MeaghanEdwards