Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
Ranked #33 of 244 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: A historic village recreating the life and times of America's early settlers.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

There was not much of interest for me here. I think the intent of the place is to give the visitor a prespective of early colonial life. Not the life of the large plantation owners but the life of the first settlers. OK, so there is this little cabin on the grounds. They are spending their money developing a half-baked zoo there - and nobody seems to know why a zoo or what that has to do with early life in Charleston. History can be interesting and Charleston offers much better places to explore.

3  Thank EENG

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Everything is so clean and bright. The animals were so cool to watch. The birds were the best because you can see them being fed while being in their natural enviromentally friendly netting which was huge. Everything was so beutiful. The trails we got to ride along were so cool becuse we got a canoe! Awesome..

2  Thank Amelia B
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were on our way home from downtown Charleston when we spied the Charles Towne Landing Park entrance & decided to take a look. The admission price of 47.50 was a bargain, with the money being spent to maintain the buildings & grounds. It was a very interesting walk around the grounds & we even were able to board a sailing vessel that is docked on the water. The craft represented the type of vessel used for coastal trade & carrying provisions to the plantation.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I took my 13 month old son here before flying out, hoping to let him get some fresh air and wear him out. It worked! The animals were great, we were able to see everything, the grounds were beautiful and even though I got more out of it than he did, my son loved it too.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went to this attraction with my dog on a lazy afternoon and was so glad I did. I go every time I visit charleston now. The gardens and trees are lovely, the walking trails are calm, there are some nice scenic spots with benches, and all along the trail are history checkpoints for reading about the founding of the area. There is a menagerie with live animals as well that I have not seen. Great for families and getting out of the house for an afternoon!