“Great place to wear the kid(s) out!”

Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
Ranked #20 of 232 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: A historic village recreating the life and times of America's early settlers.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great place to wear the kid(s) out!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I took my 13 month old son here before flying out, hoping to let him get some fresh air and wear him out. It worked! The animals were great, we were able to see everything, the grounds were beautiful and even though I got more out of it than he did, my son loved it too.

Visited November 2012

Juneau, Alaska
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Lovely walking scenery, history to boot!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went to this attraction with my dog on a lazy afternoon and was so glad I did. I go every time I visit charleston now. The gardens and trees are lovely, the walking trails are calm, there are some nice scenic spots with benches, and all along the trail are history checkpoints for reading about the founding of the area. There is a menagerie with live animals as well that I have not seen. Great for families and getting out of the house for an afternoon!

Brookville, Pennsylvania
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A Real Bargin”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Cheap to get in 7.50 for adults, live animals, a ship, house fields lots of room for kids to run, cannons, tram, nice visitor center, very clean audio trail. A nice alternative to higher priced gardens.

1 Thank Richard W
goose creek, sc
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Historical significance”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am not a history buff, but you learn a lot here. The.grounds and the displays are well kept and done well. The views are gorgeous of the downtown Charleston and the waterfront. This should be one of your stops while here.

FL
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“GREAT on weekday, place is empty.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

It was like we had our own personal golf cart ride. We had fun with the electronic dig at Visitors Center, took cart to boat for a few minutes, took cart to oak alley for some gorgeous long range pix, walked over to zoo. Best part there was watching the big cat play with his ball. Also, the otters. Show them a water bottle and they will follow it and you all over the area! (bottle fed?) Without the crowd we saw everything in about 2 hours. It was scenic and fun. And this place is Cheap. Be sure and check out the BBQ crickets in a box in the snack area!

1 Thank StewardessFl