“Great way to enjoy a Day in the South”

Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
Ranked #20 of 235 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: A historic village recreating the life and times of America's early settlers.
Lexington, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great way to enjoy a Day in the South”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a large park that offers a variety of activities. It has multiple scenic paved trails. It combines beautiful views, historic sites, interactive educational opportunities, and large free spaces.There is even a stationery sailing boat to explore. There is also an interesting animal forest. It has otters, buffalo, puma, and black bears-none of which are found at the zoo in Columbia. The park is dog friendly and has multiple spots for picnicing (no food or dogs in the animal forest). It is an exceptional value for those holding a SC State park pass (free). Visitors paying full price will want to plan to spend at least a half day. Parking is free as are the in-park shuttles and stollers. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Snacks can be bought in the visitor center. Check the online schedule as there are many special events scheduled as well. There really is something for everyone. Your best chance of seeing active animals is late afternoon.

Charleston, SC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lots of fun and interesting.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great place to spend a few hours exploring and learning. My wife and I rode our bikes around the park, and we really enjoyed the animal forest. It is a must!

1 Thank Cuztopher
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“lots of walking”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

daugher, her husband and I were just there couple sweeks ago. Was hard to find because it was not marked as good as it could have been. got lots of walking

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“great experience”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I went there on my birthday and had a blast. The animal forest was the highlight because I love animals. I got lucky and they fired the cannons. The only thing that caught me off guard was the "garden" I was expecting colorful flowers and it was just a bunch of trees and bushes. Don't get me wrong I love trees but it's disappointing when you expeccted something else.

Raleigh, North Carolina
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great day out, and good value”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is fantastic! Only 7.50 and you get to tour the museum and the grounds. We did the animal park first, and September is a good time of year because no bugs got us. We rode the trolly to the ship replica and toured that, then walked back and saw the house, and all sorts of stuff. The grounds are beautiful, the history is amazing and we would do it again!