“Great School, great location”

College of Charleston
Ranked #11 of 237 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: The College of Charleston is a nationally recognized public liberal arts and sciences university located in the heart of historic Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1770, the College is among the nation’s top universities for quality education, student life and affordability. The College offers a distinctive combination of a beautiful and historic campus, modern facilities and cutting-edge programs.
Charleston, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great School, great location”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My Father and Aunt both went to the College of Charleston back in the dark ages and ended up with very prestigious jobs. I graduated from someplace else, not wanting to live in the same city as my grandparents when I first went to college and got out on my own. I did go to the College of Charleston in my early 30th to take some business classes. The college is in the center of town, unlike my previous college, which was in the wilderness of Virginia. I enjoyed the campus and got some good schooling. Great faculty!

Manning, South Carolina, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“My Alma Mater”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Even if I was not a graduate of C of C I would still recommend paying a visit to its historic grounds.

Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Sunday morning walk...”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was visiting Charleston and took a walk on campus on a Sunday morning. What an amazing campus. You can't beat the Southern charm, 150 year old buildings, brick walkways and spanish moss. Tons of amazing picture opportunities. Easily walkable from anywhere downtown, or you can hop a trolley. On Sunday morning, the students were all asleep so I felt like I had the entire campus to myself. Beautiful and shouldn't be missed!

1 Thank SKimo26
Charleston, South Carolina
“Beautiful school”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Take a walk on campus. Just beautiful & right downtown. Lots of shopping and resturants close. Visit the on campus art gallery. Loved it.

Lido Beach, New York
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Great Place To Be A Student & A Visitor”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spanish moss, 150 year old buildings, brick walkways, NASA-supported Science building, terrific arts programs, progressive professors, amazing history, great location, and students, students, students everywhere. A medium-sized college with an incredibly personalized, small-campus feel.

1 Thank Clubess1