“Enjoyed more than I thought I would”
Review of Tour Charleston

Ranked #36 of 235 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed February 16, 2012

It was very interesting & something fun to do at night.

1  Thank chunkychow

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Nice walking tours of downtown areas. Nighttime viewing. Interesting tales of ghostly haunts.

1  Thank Interstate_rider
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have been on my share of ghost tours in my travels, and I have to say this was definitely one of the better ones. Nope, no supernatural occurrences. No chills running up and down my spine. But the guide makes the ghost tour. And I thought that our guide Ian, while eccentric, was a hoot and a half. As some of the other reviews have said, he does talk extremely fast and with an accent, so it is hard to understand him. Some of the other people on the tour were having trouble. But I am very good at accents, so I could understand him perfectly. I thought his knowledge of the city was impressive, and he dramatized his stories as best he could. We heard some great ones, and we did get to go into the graveyard at the end of the tour. Wish we could have gone into some other places, but I'm sure if we could have, we would have! Good times.

3  Thank phygem
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in Charleston and decided to "kill" some time by going on the Ghost tour and after many flyers and research we decided with this one. The tour guide, Ian, was VERY well educated and witty along with a spooky sense of timing that made this the best ghost tour we've been on. Just the right amount of history- not to much to become boring. The Unitarian Church cemetery stories were crazy enough. Then when we started experiencing certain things- such as my wife suddenly felt an extreme heat only on the right side of her right leg- while the inside of her right leg and her left leg were both freezing. (it was 40-something degrees last night) ANYWAY- we definatly HIGHLY suggest this tour. We attended the 930pm tour that met in front of the Circle Fountain. DO THIS! and Tell Ian we said Hey!

2  Thank Holly D
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I took 3 of my kids on the tour, one of which is 8 years old. She absolutely loved the historical perspective of the tour! The guy who took us was a fast talker as well but I was impressed with his knowledge and passion as a tour guide. If you are looking to be SHOCKED this tour isnt for you however if you like history, perspective, experience and education you need to take this tour!

Thanks,