“Morris Island Tour”

Absolute Reel Screamer Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: This private 2 hour boat adventure is what Charleston is really all about! I'm a native captain, so we'll glide through the uncrowded backwaters of the most pristine estuaries in the country. We'll learn to harvest oysters, catch shrimp and identify local shore birds. Next, we'll find the Bottlenose Dolphins. Having them swim next to the boat is exciting, but if we find them feeding in the shallows it's spectacular! Our next destination is Morris Island where I'll teach you about its rich Civil War history as well as my own family ties to it. We'll then walk its shores looking for shells and artifacts as the sixth oldest lighthouse in the nation serves as our backdrop! So as you can see we have something for everybody on this trip. The dolphins are always here, the beach is loaded with shells, and if you listen hard enough you just may hear the roar of cannons from the past. So come on and join me! You never know what washed up the night before...
Charleston, South Carolina
“Morris Island Tour”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Captain Gresh took 6 of us out to Morris Island this past week. It was a beautiful Day! The tour was so delightful. Captain Gresh had so much information about CHarleston, folly beach, and Morris Island. I've lived here for 9 years and was blown away by all the new history i had just learned about my local scene. We had such a great time on Morris Island, we got so many great pictures, got to see the historical morris island lighthouse, and we found lots of conch shells and sand dollars. The tour was about two hours and we got to see oyster beds, marsh lands, Morris Island, the lighthouse, and at the end we saw a few dolphins feeding and swimming around. Our trip with Captain Gresh was so much fun and informational and a great way to see and learn about Charleston. I would recommend this tour to anyone who loves nature and wants to be around water.

Visited April 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Would Love to go Again”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My mom and I spent 4 days in the Charleston area. I have to say the trip to Morris Island was my favorite part. It was as if we were visiting a friend who took us out on his boat and showed us a part of the area most visitors don't get to see. In two hours we saw dolphins, oyster beds, learned how Morris Island figured into the Civil War, and found more amazing shells and other "finds" than I could have ever imagined. I only wish we could have spent more time on the island. If I come back to Charleston, I would definitely book another trip with Captain Gresh!

Visited March 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“First Charleston Visit”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We visited Charleston in February and weren't planning on doing anything on the water since it was still kind of chilly. However, when our hotel concierge asked if we were interested in this tour my husband jumped at the chance. Gresh was extremely informational, interesting, and fun! He was so thoughtful to bring a sleeping bag for me to cover up with- it was cold on the water! It was just my husband and I on the tour and he did not disappoint. We took a few sea shells home from Morris Island and enjoyed looking around for artifacts. The oyster beds were so interesting to see (as a midwesterner) and the dolphins were amazing! I could have sat back and listened to Gresh talk about the history of the area for hours.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great day!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Captain Gresh took 6 of us out for a ride this past Sunday to Morris Island. Was blown away by how informative he is about the area and even as locals we learned so much about the history of Morris island and the Eco system you see along the way. Got some great photos of the light house and the surrounding marshes, even some dolphins! Really looking forward to having him take us out again soon and bringing along some out of town guests so they can see the beauty of the area from the water.

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“Great trip again!!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

First time was so fun that I had to round up another crew to experience another journey to the island of treasures( Morris Island). That's what I like to call it! Bring a sand bucket or something that you can carry all the shells and sand dollars in. Also, this guy has got an eye for finding artifacts washed up from billions of years ago! It is very exciting! This is the trip you want to take. Captain Gresh will take you back to the history of the island and tell you all about what is beneath the sea! Enjoy! I know you will.